Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Reporting QTD in AO Reports

former_member221145
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In GR AO Reports / GDA the QTD is not provided as part of the standard solution, however, this can be achieved using the Custom Analytical Queries (SAP Note 2659672), however, the report displays all the QTD columns.

We are on GR 2020 FPS02, enhancing the CDS view for the QTD calculation is very complicated.

Any suggestions on How to achieve the QTD in Analysis for office GR.

Thanks,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

harivenkatesh_s
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

In Analysis office, you can create a dynamic key figure. For eg. you can add a new dynamic restriction -> say in the released query CSGRPJRNLITMQ. You can define Q1 for Amount in Group Currency by adding a fiscalyearperiod to the dynamic restriction. as it is Q1 add the period 000.20222, 001.20222, 002.20222 and 003.20222 (assuming period 0,1,2,3 satisfies your Q1) similarly for Q2 you can add a new dynamic restriction for Amount in Group Currency restricting the periods 004.20222, 005.20222 and 006.20222. Now, you have Q1 and Q2 for Amount in Group Currency. Please note that in the variable screen you need to choose the periods appropriately. for Q1 and Q2 you need the periods 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 and similarly you need to provide other periods as well, if you include dynamic restrictions for Q3 and Q4 (say you need to add up to 12 again as per your quarter needs). You can refer the blog below on how to add a Dynamic Restriction in AO. There are couple of videos showing your use case.

Try your luck!!

Cheers,

Hari

SAP S/4HANA Cloud for group reporting with SAP Analysis for Microsoft Office | SAP Blogs

yogesh230481
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

First create new Period mode domain which you need to replace in custom CDS. This is similar to standard period mode domain “FINCS_PERIOD_MODE”. Only change we have to do is, add QTD in the value range of the custom domain.

Here is step by step instructions. then add and update the similar CDS in ABAP classes.

Hope this help you.

soutri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi yogesh,

Thanks for above help which you have provided to me.

Just help me a bit more to complete my requirement.

Can you please tell me in detail what and where you have done the changes in the classes.

Also can you please tell me the exact changes which you have done in the CDSs which will be helpful for me.

If it is possible for you to post the code and the exact changes which you did, please do that.

Highly in need of help.

Thanking you once again.

Warm Regards,

Sourav Kumar

yogesh230481
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can take help of ABAP developer. it is just Find & replacing new CDS views with old onces and add new QTD CDS view just like YTD CDS views.

I will create a blog for the same.

soutri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Hope you are doing good. First of all sorry for disturbing you a lot but I have the same requirement and I am not able to accomplish it.

Just one last help.

Can you please tell me how you have created the Custom Fiori Tile of this QTD requirement after doing the changes in Classes and CDS.

If you have created the blog for this requirement, it will be grateful if you can share the link for that so that it will be of great help to me.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,

Sourav Kumar

yogesh230481
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

execute your custom query from query browser then you can save as tile.

pablolupinari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi yogesh230481

Can you be more specific and tell "where" to change in the respective enhanced custom CDS for C_CNSLDTNRPT30Q.

You said: "just change the source in from statement"

But how? What to change?

I cannot find period mode domain to be replaced in the new CDS.

Can you help?

Tks

yogesh230481
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Jadir,

When you define new CDS view, we mentioned statement as follow

define view ZC_CNSLDTNRPT30Q as SElect from {SOURCE VIEW}

Example : define view ZC_CNSLDTNRPT30Q as SElect from ZI_MatrixCnsldnFndnCube

please check below screen shot for your reference.

yogesh230481
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I have developed a custom GDA application with a QTD option in period mode. you can achieve this by coping with std. GDA CDS view and create a new custom CDS view for QTD logic. Also, you need to copy the ABAP classes where you need to do some configuration in class for adding a new custom CDS view

CL_FINCS_GROUP_DATA_ANALYSIS

CL_FINCS_GRP_DATA_ANLYS_COMMON

soutri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Can you please tell me step by step process of achieving QTD and also please tell me the changes you have done in cds and classes which you have mentioned.

I also have a similar requirement which I am not able to do.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,

Sourav Kumar