cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Account No

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I have mentioned in this mail, what i understood ......tell me whether correct or not by mail itself

The following examples has be create in account group :

Expenses, Income, Asset , Liability

The following examples has be create in GL :

Expenses - example : staffwelfare courier

Iincomes - example : rent receivable , receipt of goods sold

Asset - purcharse of assets , sundry debtors

liablity - sundry creditors and bank loans

gl account no seems as main ledger.... under group account no we are going to assign particulatr GL right ?

actually my problem is i m fresher ... just i m creating fresh GL.... by creating first GL it is asking group account no ... i saw in some other company code(which has GL Datas) in that company code , group account no is mentioned as already created GL.... now i dont have any GL in my company code to assign the GL group account no becos mine is newly created company code and i m trying to create the GLs .....now u got my point.???? how to leave this field and create the fresh GL.....my faculty asked me to go and chk in account group and surpress the group account no ...but there is no option is there in account groups field status.......... i m totally confused..................

pls help me

regards

kalaivani.J

Sap fresher

Chennai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OB13 leave blank the field for Group Chart of Accounts (GCOA) for your Chart of Accounts. If you enter GCOA in your Chart of Accounts, then, it is a must to enter Group Account Number at the time of creation of GL accounts.

Group Chart of Accounts is used for consolidation purpose. Group Chart of Accounts is used in the corporate group.

Dont enter Group Chart of Accounts in OB13 until you have created all the Group Accounts. Once you create Group Accounts, you may mention the same in OB13. Thereafter, you can enter the Group Accounts while creating the GL Accounts for your company code.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintenance of Group Account is not mandatory.

It is used in case you are having more than one chart of accounts..

U can leave that empty..

Points...

Cheers

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if it is not maniddatory y itz asking me to enter.... without entering it i can not create the GL actually.....how to leave that?

by kalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I hope you are not stuck up with the account group.

If you are stuck up with a 'group account number', the message is coming as a group chart of account has been created and assigned in your operative chart of accounts. Please check that.

Even if this is the case, the group account name is not a mandatory. If you want to enter an account for consolidation, you can specify that in the GL account or leave it blank.

You can also check the account group field status and see the group account number field (i think the 'alternative account number') is a 'required entry'. If it is a required entry, you will have to change it to 'optional' for making it not mandatory.

Regards,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in OB13 for your chart of accounts if group chart of accounts defined. Put blank there, if it's not necessary.

Regards,

Eli