cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR/IR clearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PG 10, 11, & 12 of the GR/IR clearing job report that runs every night has some errors that requires configuration.

EX rate diff accts are imcomplete for account 0001100010 USD

Clearing job is not running for 1100000

Can anyone help me with this..

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In OB09 put the account that you post exchange rate differences to. This is for open item clearing. account 0001100010 is probably being cleared within your GRIR. It may be rounding diffences.

Please assign points if helpful as a way to say thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OB09, this GL 1100010 is assigned to 2 currencies CAD and EUR but it is not for USD.

So here should I assign it for USD or what?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

One query thought. I saw in FS00 and GL 1100010 is in USD only so why do we need to maintain GL 1100010 in USD in OB09.

Also as error is in USD "EX rate diff accts are imcomplete for account 0002200010 USD"..you told me to maintain in USD in OB09...So if error was in GBP..I need to maintaing that currency in OB09

I would like to be sure before I change any configuration

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do a copy of the full error message and post it here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

the thing is user has just mentioned what I have in my first email..

If you can sort out from it..will really appreciate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to OBA1. It has the configuration for the exchange rate difference. It depends on how you have it set up and the fucntion you are running. In the GL master there is a Exchange rate difference key that points to the config that is set up here. You probaly are missing a GL account in this config. Look in BSEG for a posting in field KTOSL from a succesful one and see which it goes to. This tells you which one it uses. KDB, KDF,KDW,KDZ,RDF.

The account here is where you write off differences.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

thanks a lot for your email. I was not able to find the "Exchange rate diff key" in the GL.

Also, was not able to understand how to find a succesful posting to put in BSEG.

If u can email me your id i can send u the screenshot.

If not can you please explain in detail. I havent done exchanges before so really having the trouble.

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just copy the message and send it here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In OB09 the GL account should be in the first field. The accounts you want the exchange rate difference written off to should be in the fields that are below. These accounts should be supplied by the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I am able to get you now. In OB09..I will enter 1100010 and currency USD but would like to know inside the GL's for gains and loss will be in USD currency or some other currency...just would like to check back with u. I will get back to the user for the GL but will it be diff from USD or it can be of same currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

You set it up using the GL account master data and that GL account currency. It sounds like it should be USD.

By the way, you should always unit test the advice you get here first. Never go directly to production. Good luck!!

Message was edited by: Dave Scarpino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I am still working in Dev. Will soon assign full 10 points

Thanks

Answers (0)