cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR happens thrice for same qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have 10 line items in a PO with 1000 qty each(say). User tried to post the GR for 5 line item. Among those five line item, GR posted thrice for two line items with same qty(say 10 qty). Time difference is just few second.

Could you please explain me the possible root cause behind this issue.

Thank you !

Rudresh Pandey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

arun_aravamudhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rudresh,

Pl check whether unlimited indicator is checked in delivery tab of PO.

Kindly ensure that this is not checked as default.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Arun, It's not checked

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you explain how the user has actually performed this activity?

example: you enter in MIGO just the PO number as reference and SAP will default all PO items

then user maintains the receipt for individual items only and flags them ok and posts

alternative user can enter PO number and item number, this can be done several times, which will just default those items to MIGO.

However, if you enter several times the same PO item number in the reference field, then you get several times the item proposed.

If the user then enters the quantity to all redundand proposed items.......then such case may happen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that cases it might throw error message as order qty exceeded by some qty.

Message no. M7022

System has to issue message if you try to post GR several times for same line item.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the system will do such checks if tolerances are defined.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I agree with you and Ravi. But in my case, line item qty is (say) 100, and user is posting for 3 qty.

Then system posted it thrice(i.e. 3*3 = 9 qty) which is less than ordered qty. So it won't show any error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

We have one customized Hub process.  The concept is that a number of external (or internal) suppliers maintain inventory of their materials in a central “hub” close to the customer’s manufacturing site. This inventory is still owned by the supplier. HUB facility is managed by a Third Party(say ABC).

Ex:

We create a PO with 1 line item for one year. Whenever we require the material(Partial), we will create a hub ordering (tcode ZHXX) which will trigger an EDI  Idoc to ABC. Idoc will contain all the details about material(qty, delivery date etc) and one reference number say 12345.

ABC will send the material with ref no. 12345 and then warehouse person will post the GR w.r.t ref. no. 12345 (tcode ZHYY).

GR posting step screens:

We select the check box and save it. It will post the GR document.

Please let me know if more input required.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you explained the ordering process, but not really the process behind your customized receipt transaction,

this is of course a Z-program and you probably use a BAPI to post the material documents.

I have not yet use the material movements BAPI for receipts, I am using it frequently in migratiions, but if I have not made a major error with wrong entries in refernce fields, then it just post, no matter how often I submit, it will post.

Which means you and your ABAPer have to check the logic in your Zprogram to ensure that such cases cannot happen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

GRs were posted for multiple line items of the same PO with same reference number. But my doubt is, if the problem is with program logic, then why it happened only for few line items?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking at your screen shot and seeing the times of posting and the material document numbers makes me assume that this has nothing to do with the program it was just posted several times by the user.

there is a gap of 1 minute between 1st and 2nd and  more than 20 minutes between 2nd and 3rd posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rudresh,

Kindly post the screen shots of PO history tab for the 3 problematic line items separately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

I have already posted for one line item. The rest two are as below

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manual entry error rudresh, I hope nothing to do with the system regarding this issue..

Former Member
0 Kudos

GR was posted only once by the same user but GR posted thrice with three different material documents as can be seen in below screen shot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please send the whole PO line item along with PO history

Thanks,

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just let me know what else you want to know about PO?

Actually, there are 61 line items and the problem is with 17th, 52nd & 53rd line item. So it's not possible to take screen shot of whole PO.

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rudresh,

User might have cancelled the GR and posted again. You are checking only 101 mvt type documents , also check 102 mvt type documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Shailesh,

User haven't cancel any GR document and GR documents were posted within 50 sec.

Let me know if you need more input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please send the screen shot of Purchase Order History.

Thanks,

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Was the GR posted by the same user or different users. Did system generate a single material document or three different material documents?

Regards

Swapnil.