Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR for purchase order with Account assignment E

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

I am having a scenario where in the BOM structure is as under: A->B->C--->D, D is the raw material, C is the component produced in-house, B is the material which we procure through subcontracting, in the material master of C SPK:30 is used for subcontracting, & A is in-house produced material with purely MTO scenario (20 - strategy).

Once the sales order of A is there we run MRP for it, as per the master data settings described above we get purchase requisition for D & when I convert it to purchase order it is having account assignment as E.

This is all well but the moment I try to save it, system throws an error stating: 'G/L account 20500100 cannot be used (please correct)". This G/L account is of raw material itself.

Can you please guide me to overcome this problem.

I am looking forward to listen from you soon.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please check in OBYC whether assigments are properly made

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitender...,

1.check in T.code FS00 whether this GL is created for your company code or not.if not create it.

and also check

2. if created check whether cost element is created or not. if not created created it.

take the help from FI consultant if needed to do. becuase this is in their domain.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the OBYC settings for this transaction, assign the correct G/L for this transaction. Try to get the help from MM consultant to resolve this.

Check in BSX Transaction for the invetroy posting.

Check the G/L account it is exist for your company code.

Take the G/L account which is coming in the error message and go to FS00 t code select tab Create/blank/interest , there you will have field status group just double click on that . It will take you to field status group display in that check the combination of the selection.

Thanks

S.Murali

Edited by: S. Murali on Jun 26, 2009 5:07 PM

Edited by: S. Murali on Jun 26, 2009 5:19 PM

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Murali

I have checked in OBYC & FS00 all the things are in place i.e. the GL account & its OBYC setting.

I did checked the field status group for the G/L account & under Account Assgnment there are several fields against which Suppress, Req Entry & Opt Entry options are ther, & for Sales Order the entry is made optional.

Is there some setting for the G/L account which can overcome this error message. Again looking forward to your reply for the solution.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

Edited by: JITENDER KUMAR THARWANI on Jun 26, 2009 7:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you made the field status group for sales order is optional that is enough it will solve your issue.

If your problem is solved pls revert back.

Thanks

S.Murali

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Murali

Thanks for your inputs, the Sales Order field is already set as optional for the G/L account, I was able to resolve the issue, I made the fields "Profitability Segment" & "Cost Object" optional then the system allowed me to create job work order. Still i got a warning message stating: " Do not assign any objects in cost accounting to account 20500100 ".

I am able to proceed further but would like to understand completely why this message is coming & what would be its impact. I would like to understand the setting which I made because it is integration between FI/CO & MM module. I shall appreciate if you throw some light on this. Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Regards,

J K Tharwani