cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods receipt - Tricky situation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please help me find a solution for this tricky situation. We have a contract in a different country (island) and we procure goods locally and ship it to the island and the shipment usually takes about 6 weeks. Also, we buy these goods through a middle man and our terms of payment with them is 14 days. Now, we want to be able to do our goods receipt as soon as the goods leave from here so that we can post invoice and pay our vendor in time and at the same time we want to block the stock in the system until the goods actually reach the island.

Please could you suggest any movement type that can be used to achieve this.

Regards

Swetha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use the blocked stock type for the PO line item.

I mean use movement type 101 but stock should be goes to blocked stock.

Just by using stock type as blocked (I am not talking about the movement type 103 or 107)

Now you can do invoice for the goods receipt. But you can't able to use the stock from blocked stock.

Then when your material stock will be reached, then you can post movement type 343 to transfer the stock from blocked to unrestricted stock.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Forget about Island and Middle man.

Your business is your Client and Your business operations are main to committed source for your records.

As per situation you mentioned - Its understood - that as long as material left to island you don't want to record and pay to supplier.

In this case and more importantly if this the agreement with middle man - go for consignment stock.

Whenever you are loading materials to island, make a consumption/to own stock from consignment stock and pay the Supplier. - This your first requirement fulfilled.

Secondly, there is no need for block stock in your inventory until material reaching Island. Because the consignment stock already consumed and recorded.

Now for sending this tock to island - follow Sales process to sale stock to your customer.