cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL linked to project settlement(CJ88)

former_member355038
Participant
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me how I can change the GL the project is settled to when I run transaction CJ88.

I have checked the project profile and then checked the settlement  profile - allocation structure but cannot see where the GL is specified.

thanks

Joe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe

Check your settlement profile-> allocation structure.

Then go to OKOA -> allocation structure-> source/settlement cost element

Regards

Saurabh

former_member355038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

Thanks I got the settlement cost element but when I check the cost element it is shown as a category '21' internal settlement how does this link back to a P&L account for the settlement?

thanks

Joe

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if this CE has any respective G/L created in the system or not? (FS00)

If G/L is created then check its type (B/S or P&L)

Normally we settle our project cost to Balance sheet accounts.But it depends upon the company's  business that where they want to settle the cost.

Thanks

former_member355038
Participant
0 Kudos

The CE start with the letter P* while all the GL's start with a number.  The CE category is '21' Intenal settlement. When settlement is run the costs(CJ88) are settled back to the GL account. Is it something to do with the category on the CE which drives which P&L account is posted to?

thanks

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CE category defines the nature of CE like which business transaction can be posted via that CE.

as your CE type is 21: internal settlement, that means it will flow the cost exclusively with in CO (orders,projects,CO-PA,Cost centers.) CE type 22 is just opposite to it (assets,G/L,materials etc.) . System creates an accounting document for it whereas with CE type 21,it will create a CO document and settlement document only.

Now, coming to your question during a business transaction whenever a CE is generating an accounting document it's impacting FI (P&L or BS accounts)

Read following link for more info:

Cost Element Categories - Master Data in Cost Center Accounting (CO-OM-CCA) - SAP Library

Regards

Saurabh

former_member355038
Participant
0 Kudos

I have checked KSB1 for the CE P* and can see a posting for the CE category 21 then when I click on the accounting document for this line I can see the corresponding GL posting, there must be a link I am missing somewhere...

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joe,

Yes there is a Link and that is established by the means of primary and secondary cost element.

For primary CE a G/L account must be there in the system.

For secondary CE it is not required to have G/L code in place.

When you create a secondary CE then CE category will give you options which are relevant to internal cost in CO  (21:internal settlement is a secondary CE) (t-code KA06)

When you create a primary CE  ,system will ask you to create a G/L first (t-code KA01).

I hope your doubt is clear now.

Thanks

former_member355038
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info, I found the answer:

This is a secondary cost transfer so will update the GL via the
Real-time Integration of Controlling and FI.  As the secondary cost
elements used in the transfer don’t exist in the GL we have to derive the
required GL accounts.  This is configured in the IMG in:-

Financial Accounting (New) Financial Accounting Global Settings (New)

Ledgers Real-Time Integration of Controlling with Financial Accounting

Account Determination for Real-Time Integration

Define Account Determination for Real-Time Integration

Answers (0)