cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL Account drill down crashing in 8.8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forum,

In 8.8 PL17 when in the Chart of accounts screen, if any user tries to drill down into the account balance they get the following message:

System Message

(-100) Anything but a memory problem.

This was not an issue on 2005 for this particular data set. Has anything changed with 8.8 due to the introduction of the archive function, or is it a computer resource issue?

Regards,

Juan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Looks like your database has some issues. It may have endless loop from the system. That will used up memory pretty soon. If you can not ind the root cause, log a support message.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan, seems like some data integrity problem.

See if turning on "Perform Data Check" will detect it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Syed,

Where is this option you speak of?

Regards,

Juan

former_member206488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

for Perform Data Check checkbox go to Administration -> System Initialization -> General Settings, then Services Tab.

Thanks,

Neetu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neetu. I will try this.

Regards,

former_member206488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this checkbox , logoff and login back to SAP, if any inconsitancy is present , it will display mesage on logon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Having selected the above option, when the user now tries to drill down, they get the following:

"SAP Business One application has run out of memory: it will be shut down automatically in order to prevent data inconsistencies"

The machine spec this is happening on is:

Intel duo Core CPU

E8500 @ 3.16GHz

3.16GHz, 3.25GB of RAM - all of which appears to be usualable.

The only thing I can think of is network traffic?

Any other thoughts?

Regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Gordon is right, there is some data integrity problem that is making the code go in loops. This can happen when users work directly on queries, or some bad data entered in user defined fields or perhaps power failure etc may have crash ms database problems, or it could even be sap b1 bug.

Please contact your partner who in turn will contact sap and perhaps sap will dial in to fix the problem on work on your system directly.

Hopefully you have recent database backup you can use, but then you may lose lot of production data. Hopefully it is not your production server.

In anycase, go customer partner portal and open a medium severity defect or high if that is your postiion.

Take it from there.

Goodluck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have taken a backup of the data an brought it off site and run on a similarly spec'd pc which is stand alone and it does drill down. I guess this would tend to point towards it being an environmental issue?

Regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

The test you did is very good and rules out some possibilities.

Here is a thread who got similar error as yours with out of memory, and the problem turned out to be in stored procedures.

Please see if this applies to you -

Thanks.