cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GI & Kanban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there ,

I have done the setting so that the PO (Purchase Order)will be created when the Kanban is set to empty status...... now when the manual GR is done for the PO the kanban status will be set to Full or when the Kanban status is set to Full the GR will be done against the PO .

As per my understanding the GI for the kanban managed component will be done only when the GR/ Confimation / Backflush of the Finished goods will be done .......

This will lead to some amount of disparity in the material show in stock & physically qty of material available...... please correct me if I am wrong ....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi There ,

Any suggestions on the same.....

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you will do manual GR, Kanban status will be updated to full.

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant ,

Please review my question ........ I have query on the GI of the empty bin..

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Looking at your requirement I understand it is a subcontracting scenario.

Are you talking of components getting backflushed from vendor stock?

If it is so whenever a Kanban is triggered a PO gets generated ,you will have to send the components to vendor(Mvmt 541) against that PO.

When material is received in your supply area and you make GR against that PO the components will get backflushed (Mvmt 543) from vendor stock.

Hope this helps,if your requirement is different than above pl. revert.

regards

Sandeep

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep ,

In any case sub contracting or in-house production I am speaking of the automatic GI of the component when the kanban status is set to empty.........

I guess that when we do the GR of the header component then the GI is done of the component managed by Kanban ....... but in that case there will be sometime in between during the work in process when the stock of the component is not there physically by it will be shown in system as the GI is not been done yet .......

Thanks

Kaushik.