cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the BP CardName in the TAX Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I use the Tax report and print it , i need to add the BP Card name on the printout of this report.

Howeever, I dont see either any database related to BP from where I can use the CardName.

How to do this ? Also, for such standard reports is there any way for me to get to its SQL ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You all.

Cheers,

gautam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam

The tax report on SAP Business One is rather complex. The reason for this is that any document could have multiple tax codes assigned, a different one for each row for example. The journal (transaction) table JDT1 does not store the tax code and therefore the only way to "simulate" the tax report will be a complex one. I have written one specific to a customers' requirements and it was not easy.

If you want to see how SAP generates the tax report, in SQL Server Management Studio, go to the database and select views, and there you will find 5 views that are used as the basis for creating the final query for the tax report as follows:

B1_BasedDocsVatView

B1_MarketingDocumentsView

B1_PaymentsView

B1_VatAcctView

B1_VatView

These will give you all the documents needed to then create the actual tax report. You will need to add the BP name into the select statements of the above views.

Do not change these views or mess with the standard SAP Business One structures. Copy the select statements and create your own Stored Procedure with temp tables to store the data and then Execute the stored procedure from a query in SAP Business One.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it Legal requirement in your country ?

BR

Samir Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the tax report is not based on BP, I don't think you can get BP name there. You can try SQL Profiler to get the SQL if you want. However, 9 out of 10 you will be disappointed. My suggestion would be: create a user query to make your own tax report which cover BP.

Thanks,

Gordon