cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error when importing BP records from Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am familiar with importing from Excel into SAP using Admin>Data Import/Export, so I very puzzled by an error message.

Row Number 1: Default payment method should be included with the BP's payment methods [Business Partner - Payment Method Code]

This error appears for every row. I do not see the field in the Import From Excel Field pull-down menu that I can add or assign to a column in my excel sheet that will fix this problem.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jennifer,

Make sure payment methods have been defined.

Please check in Admin > System Init > General Settings > BP Tab .........Default Pmt Term for Customer and Default Pmt Term for Vendor.

Also, Default Payt Method for Customer and Default Payt Method for Vendor

These might be causing them.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

I updated the payment terms & method in system initialization. I restarted SAP and tried to reimport, but the same error method appeared. As I said before, if you navigate to the actual import window where you map the BP fields to the excel spreadsheet columns, I do not see Payment Method as a mappable field. So, I couldn't even map it, if I had the data in the excel sheet.

Thanks!

Jennifer

keith_taylor2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check to see if you can manually add a Business Partner. Typically you would receive the same error. This will tell you if it is a problem with the import or std SAP setup.

I am with Suda - I would lean towards default payment methods and default terms. Sometimes the errors are not exactly what they seam

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem manually entering BP.

I updated the payment terms & method in system initialization. I restarted SAP and tried to reimport, but the same error method appeared. As I said before, if you navigate to the actual import window where you map the BP fields to the excel spreadsheet columns, I do not see Payment Method as a mappable field. So, I couldn't even map it, if I had the data in the excel sheet.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your message refers to payment methods, not payment terms. Be sure you have at least one incoming and one outgoing payment method defined, and also that the payment run defaults are set up with the payment methods checked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the error message refers to Payment Methods. I should mention that we have been running SAPB1 for 18 months, so all of our setups should be good. I am trying to import some leads from a mailing list- not first time BP setup.

Why would I get an error saying I am missing a column of data in excel, but then SAP does not have that field as an option to map when using the Import From Excel feature?

I appreciate all the help - Thanks!

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jennifer,

If you are so confident about the settings in B1 then it is probably something to do with the import engine.

The other option would be to import this through DTW. Unless there is a compleling why you only want to use the Import utility I would not wait to do this using DTW as it is equally easier given that it is only BP Master and everything is in excel already.

Thanks

Suda

Answers (0)