cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error (message VLA 315)while posting GR using IBD from BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

While posting GR by using BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE with reference inbound delivery(IBD) for serelized part

getting error from BAPI return "1  E VLA 315 Item 000010 requires serial numbers; use the inbound delivery dialog".

I have tried with same IBD number from Tx: VL32N able to post Goods receipt successfully with above data,but whereas tried to post same IBD with Tx:MIGO getting same bapi error as above mentioned.

Checked the OSS notes 1831652 , 1378124 and updated already

Please help us resolve it

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking at OSS note 520813 Q+A 16 and KBA 1901224 it says:

You should not post the goods receipt for the inbound delivery using BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE  ...

Even the reason mentioned is not your case I would in general follow such advises.

But it can also have another root cause. There are certain fields that have to be filled to make sure the BAPI is referring a delivery instead of the purchase order, and also it is unknown whether you added the same serial numbers as already present in the delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have implement the Note 2093186 but still it is not working

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems you are in a higher release of SAP. I would request you to check the note: 2093186 - VLA315 when posting goods receipt for inbound delivery (MIGO) - Serial Number Usage = opti... which deals with a similar issue.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In standard, unless you mark the serial number usage to optional from obligatory, system throws the error message "Message no. IO206" when you do VL32N and the error message "Message no. IUID052" when you do MIGO. The error message IO206 is hard coded one and I believe custom works may allows you do post GR in VL32N. Kindly check my inputs.