cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic heading "Employee Self Service Area Page" after ehp 7 upgrade

Cynthia_Garza
Participant
0 Kudos

We are in the middle of a technical upgrade from ehp 5 to ehp 7.  We are not activating any new functionality at this time.  Some information about our environment, we are using WebDynpro for ABAP for all service except Benefits.  We have the ESS business package 1.5 active.  Our portal is on Netweaver 7.4. 

I noticed after the upgrade, we now see a generic "Employee Self-Service Area Page" at the top of every "Page" in employee self service. 

In our un-upgraded environment, we see a more description that came from the folder name in transaction LPD_CUST. 

How do I get the more descriptive heading back?  I have an incident open with SAP for this, but I haven't had an update in 8 days and we are going live soon.  I realize this is a minor issue, but there must be a way to fix it.

Thank you,

Cynthia Garza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

have you tried changing the text in the folder? also you see this heading

Employee Self Service Area Page for all the folder ie working time etc? is it generic now?

Cynthia_Garza
Participant
0 Kudos

Siddharth,

Yes, I have tried changing the name of the folders in LPD_CUST.  It doesn't seem to have any effect on what I see in ESS.  All of the folders in transaction LPD_CUST have proper names.  I do see "Employee Self Service Area Page" in every part of ESS (working time, travel, benefits, etc.).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Cynthia Garza

Former Member
0 Kudos

r u changing text for  standard launchpad or custom launchpad once chk again

Cynthia_Garza
Participant
0 Kudos

Jwala,

Customized version.  I think you may be missing the point.  I am not changing the text.  The text was already configured and working properly before the ehp 7 upgrade (we are in the middle of an upgrade).  The text is still there in LPD_cust.  It just no longer shows in ESS.  I see the generic "Employee Self Service Area Page" in employee self service for every single page.

Thanks,

Cynthia

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you are right i checked internally, its the same behavior as you see it.

Employee Self Service Area Page appears on every header page I ll check whether its hardcoded or can be customised. Anyways SAP team is looking into your message ie OSS.

Cynthia_Garza
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddarth.  I heard back on my incident that the development team is looking at it.  It's weird no one has reported this before. 

Regards,

Cynthia Garza