Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General extra material's requirement when MRP

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I meet a problem in our company.  We usually create PIR for our prodcut A,  then run mrp general the PR, PR-->PO, PO GR come to stock, finially SO(product A) PGI to consume the stock and deduct the PIR.  But now we want to general B material requirement at the same time when MRP for product A,  we need to buy A and B at the same time. At last we will 311 transfer B to the special location and consume B by our special program.  My question is :   how to general B requirement at the same time when run MRP for A ?  

I have 2 methods:  1) create another phantom material C = B+A    ===> This is a little complex, and how to set and deduct PIR ? We don't want to add more new materials;   2) use enhancement/BAdi to create B on the PO when create/change A PO    ===> When first we only have PIR on A, we don't know B  requirement at that time.

Do you have more better solution?  Thanks!

BR,

Microfish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

solomon_macwan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

In my opinion it is not possible. where you create pir for material A and at the same time you create a same amount of req in material B. you can do production in alt plant but in all cases, req from one material will transfer to another material.

best way as you said. create a phantom item. or

create a product group and when you create pir for mat A , you enter req for B too or.

enter material B in bom of A.

regards,

Solomon

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Solomon,

Thanks for your reply.

Your last words "enter material B in bom of A" ,  could you speak more detail ?   Now our users all hope the bom  A = A + B, then PIR on A,  MRP run then general A & B req .

BR,

Microfish

former_member299289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hung,

Enter Material B in BOM of Material A with the quantity of Material B same as the base quantity.

BOM Header : Material A     Base Qty 1 PC

BOM Iteam  : Material B    1PC

When PIR is being entered for Material A, lets say 1000 PCs , MRP will generate requirement for Material B for 1000Pcs. The plan order generated can be converted to PR & PO once material B's requirement is finalized.

Thanks

karthik

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your reply.

Then, after MRP,  A will have 1000 subcontract PR, should we issue B to the subcontract PO later ?

BR,

Microfish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member299289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hung,

PR will be generated for A and B. Follow the standard procurement cycle.

Thanks

Karthik

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I want to know, the PR for A is standard PR or subcontract PR, if it's subcontract PR, we should issue B to it ?

BR,

Karthik

solomon_macwan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Microfish,

you can create a bom of material A, and keep material B as components.

now if you create a pir for material A, it will generate the dependent requirement for material B also.

you dont need to issue material b against the purchase order.

please test and revert.

regards,

Solomon

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Solomon,

Your mean the BOM is   A = B .  Then B requirement is from A  subcontract PR. I'm sorry that we can't agree the subcontract PR/PO, because many other things to change(Info-record, material master F/30).

When we buy A, the vendor free to give B. I think this bussiness is normal, what's the solution in SAP?

Thanks & BR,

Microfish

solomon_macwan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Microfish,

I mean to say that when you create a bom for material A in CS01, enter the material B as a component. with the same base qty as mat A.

so when a requirement will come for A than it will generate the same dependent requirement for B also.

now in case of changing material A to B while doing GR, there is not option in SAP, you need to change PO before doing the GR.

I think in Poland this practice is there. that you make the IR before doing the Gr and than also you change the material and qty also. may be country specific version you can find the solution.

bottom line is that you need to have same material in PO which you are doing GR. so before doing gr you need to change the PO.

you can further ask it here  -

regards,

Solomon

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

In my opinion, the best way to treat this issue is using a phantom assembly. You can even using a planning strategy to plan at phantom assembly level. See details below:

Planning at Phantom Assembly Level (59) - Demand Management (PP-MP-DEM) - SAP Library

BR
Caetano

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Solomon,

Many thanks for your reply!  Yes, this problem should be in MM.  At last our MM consultant use free goods in info-record to solve it.

BR

Microfish

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Thanks for your reply! Solve the problem in PP is too difficult, at last we use MM free-goods setting solution.

BR,

Microfish

pankaj_yadav6
Participant
0 Kudos

Are you purchasing this A and B from the same Supplier or the supplier's are different.

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Same supplier.

BR,

Microfish

solomon_macwan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Microfish,

the best solution would be as suggest by Caetano, to use phantom assembly. It could be difficult task for you but I realize later that it may have lot of variations in costing.

so, best way to create one phantom and do the planning.

regards,

Solomon