cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FX Rate used for IM Module(Structure and Value List)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recently discovered in Structure and Value List that the FX rate being used when displaying the amounts in USD is using a 12/31/2010 FX rate. Is there a config setting that controls this? The local currency amounts line up with our reporting systems(OFA, Hyperion) but when consolidating across USD, we notice discrepancies between SAP and believe this is the reason.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To start with, please check the program type and the budget profiles used for the measures. In both the places there is an option to maintain an exchange rate type. Once you know the exchange rate type you can check whether the rates ae up to date for this.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree

We do load rates on a monthly basis and we do have the correct FX rates for this year loaded in TCURR. The budget profile and program type are using M(Avg Rate) which we also have loaded. In config for both program dna profile, we have it set to "M".

I would think the system would look for the appropriate FX rate for the month any postings were done in and use that rate, not a static rate. Let me know what else we can check.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably, i should have asked this earlier. Anyways, are you seeing the rate difference in the budget amount that is updated in IM and passed to the measure? If yes; the exchange rate type maintained in the budget profile of the measure governs this and it should get converted according to that.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion and sorry for the delay. Apparently this is standard SAP behavior, it always uses the year end FX rate. Found this in the help.

Answers (0)