cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Mangement - Fund center derivation error at the time of PO/MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

Generally ,If FM account assignements are available in purchase requisition , same should be carried to purchase order and to the good receipts. But I am getting an error at the time of PO or MIGO that " Fund center not derived'. Why is this happening ? What can I do to avoid this problem. can I create a step in the derivation to keep the original FM assignments from the previous documents....is there something to do with field status??

Thanks in Advance

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didn't have any updates...

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Please check if the following notes are applied in your system:

1108009 Original Purchase Order FM account assignment not inherited

1158011 FM account assignment overwritten even if protected in IR

1041730 FM Account Assignments objects are not correctly determined

1077529 RFFMCHAT incorrectly calls FMDERIVE instead of reassignment

1049179 Goods receipt (GR) reduction error for Service Purchase Ord

These notes should avoid error like the one that you have reported if it is an error in the standard code. Otherwise, consider my previous reply.

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Check the following:

1) MM settings

a) MM customizing settings for FM objects. You can set funds center

as an optional entry in MM customizing settings for field status.

For more information, check note 572729.

2) If it is related to asset

a) Please consider to have a derivation rule in FMDERIVE with the

function module FMDT_READ_MD_ASSET. This function module reads

the asset master data (for example the cost center) so that they

can be used as source fields in your derivation strategy.

b) Check in your FI-AA customizing if you have activated the account

assignment element "funds center" but you have not specified an

account assignment type for account assignment object "funds

center" for APC balance sheet postings (see note 684659 for

details).

3) If you are changing any account assignment (like cost center, order, gl account and so on) please check the following note:

658163 Acct assignmnt change: Determinatn of new FM acct assignmnt

4) You can use FMDERIVE trace tool, a useful tool to identify the issue

In order to be sure that your issue is an error and nothing related to a missing or incorrect derivation rule in FMDERIVE please do the following:

a. Enter in FMDERIVE and activate the Trace (for more details check note 666322)

b. Test again your issue.

c. You will receive FMDERIVE trace screen with the values of account assignments, including fund center. Probably you will receive more than one time this screen. If you see that the value is correct go to the next step clicking on button "X".

Whenever you find that the value is incorrect, please do the following:

d. In the FMDERIVE pop-up screen click on button "Display Log". When you click there you will see another screen.

e. There, Go to Menu Goto -> Display Print Template

f. Click on both folders to open the tree.

In the first one you will see the Values after and Before.

In the second one (Steps), you are able to see WHERE exactly was the change, what was happening during the execution of derivation rules, the RULES that it is in use in that step.

All the derivation rules which are in use during the process will be marked with yellow line.

If you check the trace log and the 'value after' is not correct, you should adjust your existing derivation rule.

If the 'value before' is empty your issue is not related to FMDERIVE but maybe to an incorrect code. In this case, let me know your current EA-PS package and I will check if there is any note correction for this.

I hope it helps. Please let me know if I am going to the wrong direction

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris,

Make sure that the FM assignment from PR is not overwritten by some rule in FMDERIVE, which eventually sets FM assignment to zero. You can check it by putting a trace.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Eli - you have always been a great help; I could implement the FM module only because i've got the inputs from you . Now , Integration testing in a week's time.

I was also thinking in the same lines; but none of my derivation steps is overwriting Fund center.

I am creating a PR with account assignement category blank, meaning i have entered a fund center manually. I have a step in my strategy i.e Cost center to Fund center, in this case that step is not applied at all.

Basically I am deriving commitment items from Valuation classs, with a inventory flag 'on' as a condition.

this is rule is hit both at the time of PR and PO also.

Still wondering where else can i check.

Thanks

Chris

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Check for which line are you getting the error in MIGO. Could be that it's not for major line, but for some thrid-party line (difference account, for example). In this case, FM assignment won't come automatically from predecessor document.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli -

I have a derivation rule like this -

Val.Class == Commitment item with (Condition: TRANSAC = RMBA or RMBE)

I am deriving commit item from valuation class and this is step is applicable for both PR and PO, so what is happening is when i am trying to create the PO system is deriving a commitment item ( same as originally there in PR cooz its the same valuation class). When i look at the trace log Fund center is missing. I think when system is derivng the commitment at the time of creating PO it is expecting a Fund center.

How can i get over this Problem. any suggestions to modify my derivaiton rule.

Thanks

Chris