cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Management - Transferring MRP PRs to FM using T.code FM_MRP_PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Using the transaction FM_MRP_PR, MRP Generated PRs can be / Should be Updated to FM. System expects FM account assignment through derivation rules. Help menu of this transaction says - prerequisites to run this transaction - "" You should maintain the derivation rules or warehouse funds center settings"". I havent thought about this warehouse concept yet.

The only option I have is to get the account assignemts through derivaiton rules, but I donu2019t find a suitable organizational object to derive a fund center from the MRP run PRs becase the MRP is generated at the Plant level that too with account assignment blank.

Incomplete PRs are not updated to FM through this transaction( for eg. No valuation price, purchase gourp not entered or storage location not entered or most importantly when FM accont assignments are not in place.

Since the PRs generated by MRP are with blank account assignment category (stock procurement), I thought I would manually enter a Fund center before I make it subject to FM update through FM_MRP_PR. When i run the transaction after manually entering the fund center , system is not selecting the PR. It isnt either updating the budget consumption as in the normal case.

Please advise,

Thanks

Chris

Edited by: Chris Farr on Jan 23, 2009 8:03 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FMDERIVE transaction -maintain it at profit center & cost center level i.e. profit center - fund center & cost center -fund center.

Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

ANYBODY ANY IDEAS FOR ME.

Abhijit - Thanks for your reply...

I cant derive from a cost center / Profit center in this case because account assignement category is 'blank' in the PRs generated by MRP run.

Thanks

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Manually entering funds centers is not enough because commitment items are still missing.

The first thing you want to find out from your client is what 'Warehouse Concept' they want to use. Here is the documentation for Warehouse Concepts:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/f0/ca3f50260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Whichever concept it is, you will need one or more 30/3 commitment items to be derived from the inventory accounts and funds centers to be bederived from plants or valuation classes. Other configurations are explained in the above documentation.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your reply.

First of all, Can you please clarify whether warehouse concept is some thing to do with warehouse management?

In my case, manually entering the Fund center would be enogh becasue i am deriving the commitment items from either stock accounts/valuation class or material groups. my only problem is deriving a Fund Center.

can you give basic guidelines inmlementing warehouse concept.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Warehouse Funds Center concept is mainly to address how you want the system to handle PO's for inventory items. To simplify the matter, there are two types of PO's, consumption PO - PO with account assignment category (K, A, etc) and inventory PO - PO without account assignment. When you create a consumption PO, you already know the purpose of the expense and what department is going to consume the material/service. So, you have the FM account assignment (CI, FC, Fund) specified in PO lines. The PO will create commitments which will be subjected to budget check. When you create an inventory PO, you are buying material for stock. You do not know who will use it. The PO lines do not have account assignment. That is where the warehouse concept comes into play. The four concepts can be broadly viewed as two. The first one is to tell the system not to create commitment and no budget checking when creating PO's. Budget checking will be carried out at time of goods issue from the stock to consuming department/CO objects. The second one is to create the commitment and have the stock department temporarily bear the commitments. When goods issue takes place, the commitments imposed on the stock department will be relieved and actually will be posted to the consumption departments.

In your case, if the business falls into the first category, then you are ok, because the stock PO's do not need to be transferred to FM. You did mention you have the commitment items in PO lines. Check the CI master to make sure their financial transaction is not 30/3. If the business falls into the second category, you will need to make the configuration explained in the documentation. I believe the major part is to derive a CI with financial transaction 30/3 and a FC from the plant or valuation class.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minghong Ji - sorry for this delayed response..

Now I pretty much understood the warehouse concept. I want to explain my requirement in more detail.

We have plants 100,200 and 300. All the procurements happen from plant 100. With in Plant 200 there are two Fund Centers FC1 and FC2 and with in Plant 300 there are FC3 and FC4. We have to Procure material M001.MM wants to use MRP for procurement and they want to do like this:

Step 1) Run MRP at plants 200 and 300, system generates STRs for material M001.

Step 2) Adopt these STRs and create Manual Stock transfer requisition on plant 100 with multiple FM account assignments FC1, FC2 etc. (entered manually ) and trigger release strategy.

Step 3) Run MRP at Plant 100 which gathers demand from all the STRs and creates a single PR, then PO, GR etc....

Question1 - At step 2 above - STRs are updated in FM with zero value, why? can we do some thing to make STRs updated in FM with a value .

Question2 - Relates to step3 - Is there any way to identify the source account assignments in the MRP generated PRs or is there any way I can convert the MRP generated PR with all the FM assignments that were manually entered in the step 2 above. Otherwise, I am loosing the identity of FM account assignments at PO, GR and invoice stage.

In a nutshell - When I generate MRP at procurement Plant ( in this case 100), I want FM account assignments to come from the source STRs. what are the possibilities ?

Please let me know if more information is required !

Thanks in Advace

Chris

Edited by: Chris Farr on Feb 18, 2009 6:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Although we do not update FM with our UB orders, I recalled there was a release note mentioned about it. Below is the link (Section 30.5.15.8 is about the Stock Transfer Orders):

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700008647742002E/30_psm_en.pdf

My interpretation is:

1. The update is for the PR's and PO's that are created to satisfy the stock transfer.

2. The BADI ME_COMMITMENT_STO_CH has to be activated.

My speculation is after the BADI is activated the PR's and PO's will update FM with the demanding plants' account assignment. I may be wrong.

Can you please test it out and confirm it one way or the other? I will be very interested to know.

Thank you and regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ming -

It is actually working after activating the BADI. Thank you so much.

Now stock transfer requisitions /Orders are getting updated in FM.

One new issue has arised from this - In my config for GR/IR update ,

I have selected only MM ivoice receipt. meaning POs get reduced only

when MM invoice is posted and no change for Goods receipts !

In this case, When the supplying plant issues material against the

order i.e movement type 351. STO (PO) is getting reduced in the system with amount type 200. In FM reports, the budget consumption shows zero because both PR and PO got reduced. Any thoughts?

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

It is good to know the BADI works.

You said you set IR for FM update but GR with movement type 351 still reduced commitment. The only logical explaination I can think about is in this case, GR also posted an actual with demanding plant's FM account assignment. Can you check?

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ming -

Yes It actually did post the actual with demanding plant's FM account assignments. I am thinking of having an exception to the BAdi for goods recipts with the help of an ABAPer, please let me know if you can think of some thing else to avoid that.

Thanks

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I think the BAPI should make the system behave like this:

1. STR's in plant 200 and 300 does not update FM

2. STR's in plant 100 does not update FM

3. PO's in plant 100 based on STR's updates FM with account assignment corresponding to plant 200 and 300 and the commitments consume the budget of these two plants.

4. GR reduces the the commitments and creates the actuals with the same account assignment. This should not impact the budget at all (the cosummed budget remains the same).

Please let me know currently how the BAPI updates the system.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

Please see my comments Below -

1. STR's in plant 200 and 300 does not update FM - These STRs actually get updated in FM.

2. STR's in plant 100 does not update FM - No STRs specifically in plant 100, STRs originate from Plant 200 & 300 with supplying plant as 100.

3. PO's in plant 100 based on STR's updates FM with account assignment corresponding to plant 200 and 300 and the commitments consume the budget of these two plants. - in our case the FM assignments of plant 200 & 300 are lost because the requirement at 100 is ascertained through MRP run at 100. Our MM team wants to use the consolidated PR created through MRP for further processing (PO, GR etc) without any FM account assignments.

4. GR reduces the the commitments and creates the actuals with the same account assignment. This should not impact the budget at all (the cosummed budget remains the same). - Since the point no.3 is not as per your assumption, this point has no relavance here.

I will have to update you with more details, I didn't get a chance to test this thouroughly with my MM team.

I sincerely appreciate your interest and patience to understand my problem and giving me your inputs. Your inputs helped me thus far.

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I think this behavior has some kind of flaw.

If STR's in plant 200 and 300 and PO in plant 100 are both updating FM and creating commitments, the commitments are overstated. For example, if plant 200 and 300 have a demand of $10,000 each, the total commitment should be $20,000 only instead of $40,000 (STR's + PO's).

If STR's do create commitments, I would think the MRP run in plant 100 should have the STR info and the BADI should fill the PO with FM account assignment based on the STR's. And the PO creates the commitments at the same time reduces the STR's commitments.

Regards,

Ming

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a question about PR and release integration with FM.

We have MRP PO's being created and then I run FM_MRP_PR to update the FM assignments. As soon as I run this it creates my FM postings. I do not want any consumption until the PR is released via ME54N similar to the way a PO works when it is put on hold.

I can't find any config that links the PR release stategy to FM . Am I missing something??

Thanks

Mike