cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Management - Multiple FM Account Assignments in a PM Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have multiple FM account assignments for each item in a PM order ( just like in Purchase Order). If we were to assign a each item to a different fund center, what needs to be done. As of now we are assigning Fund center at header level, PM Order-Go to-Assignments-FM.

Thanks

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I cannot be quite sure, but I rememeber, when I implemented PM and linked it to FM, the FM assignment that you give in the master data is only the default. That is, if you have, let's say, some goods issue in this PM order, it will go through FMDERIVE anyway and will get the values from the derivation rules (if they are set to overwrite existing one, of course).

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli -

Currently I am deriving the Fund Center from the responsible cost center in a PM order ( Resp. Cost center comes from the work center master data) and I have implemented PM Functional module as part of FMDERIVE, which copies the FM account assignments of an Oder from FMZUOB table. All the issues to PM order are appropriately recorded with FM assignments through this step of derivation rule. Now, the question is can we have more than one entry in FMZUOB table for a single PM order ?

e.g - I have operation 010 which requires components A and B. When I issue these materials (A&B) the budget of fund center FC1 ( derived at the time of PM order creation). My requirment is when A is issued it should consume budget of FC1 but when B is issued it should consume the budget from a different Fund center FC2. How can I can get this done , any thoughts ??

Chris

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

To your first question, the answer is no. The assignment to FM of PM order is unique and done on the header level. But, when you issue a material you can define a rule in FMDERIVE which will overwrite the assignment of the header and put new assignment.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli -Can you eloborate a bit as to how i can actually achieve that.

e.g - I have FC1 assigned at the header of a PM order , all my issues against the order / reservation will consume the budget of FC1. Now, If i am issuing a particular material i want FC2 's budget to be consumed. How can I overide the header level fund center.

I am not able to get the clear logic , what should be my dervation step to override the header fund center. I would appreciate if you can given an example from your experience.

Thanks

Chris

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let's say you have only two rules in FMDERIVE. The first sets the FM object for header level of PM and the second derives fund centre from material. You can set the second rule (if he's last in the list) to overwrite the existing FM assignment (it's an option when you double-click the target field). In this case, no matter what was the original assignment, it will be overwritten by the last rule in the sequence.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli -

I understood the logic, let me try !

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,may be in menu of PM order-Settlement rule you can specify