cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have created some functional location Now clients want to change after three years because of some complication can you please resolve my problem :

I have create a functional location as :- SE99-1A-WAT

Under this there are up to 5-6 level.

Now client want to remove level two (1A) from hierarchy & make like SE99-WAT without losing the history.

If I use the alternate leveling can I am able to replace the previous one (SE99-1A-WAT ) with new one ( SE99-WAT ) without affecting the PM Data.

Please tell me if it is possible by this way or some other way.

AR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

why dont you create a new struc ind with new levels ie excluding the 1A level then create a new superior fun loc say SE98 and now change superior fun loc of WAT to SE98 so that you have the histroy and also the changes you have made are also avalable in history.

Regards

Pankaj

Edited by: Pankaj Nadagouda on May 4, 2009 11:59 AM

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

Because the inital post says "without affecting the PM Data"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

Thanks for correcting, I guess then it cannot be done by the way i said it.

Regards

Pankaj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes It can be done as Pete said earlier, thru' alternate labelling. Pls keep in mind that history of the FL name cannot be used once it changed. It can again be used thru' following a process as in IL10 t-code. Say in your earlier created order, the changed label will be seen and not the earlier. You can have a small try by creating a order first then change label and again going back to order. You will find it.

Better u read first about the alternate labelling[here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/8a/cca8a6e58c11d19dea0000e8323350/content.htm]

Regards,

Rajesh

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

[Alternative Labeling|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/8a/cca8a6e58c11d19dea0000e8323350/frameset.htm] of a functional location has 3 different levels.

The most simple level (and the most common used) is to rename the FLoc.

What you need to be careful of here is that the system does not re-assign the FLoc into a new FLoc structure and hence update the history. The previous history should not be affected...

If you do activate this functionality, then make sure you read the IMG help info first.

PeteA

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think this is possible. I dont think u can change the Functional Location Name created. Better Create a FLOC SE99-WAT and assign in the same place where u assigned SE99-1A-WAT

Lock the FLOC SE99-1A-WAT, such that for history purpose u have check this functional... say after 01.06.2009 onwards the functional has been changed to SE99-WAT....

Equipments installed can be installed in this functional also...

In the Equipment history it will clearly show that from this period to that period.. it was in this FLOC and presently it was in this new functional location...

Under this there are up to 5-6 level

u need to maintain all the levels to the new FLOC...

- Pithan