cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

functional location name change problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

my client needs to change ids of their functional location, without losing history of these objects,

is there any way to do it?

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can also change the name of functional location in T.Code CC04

Enter functional Location and than right click on functional location and rename it.

Note: You can recall same functional location from both the name.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

But it is nessasry that alernative labeling is ON

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[Here's|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/fe/67f9609d6f11d189b60000e829fbbd/frameset.htm] some useful info

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I were you, I would research alternative labels for functional locations. I have not used a system configured with this feature activated, but it could be a solution.

Matt

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Matt suggests, alternative labels is the only solution without deleting and recreating.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Be careful when you change the configuration for "alternative label" because you cannot reverse the configuration. After you change the configuration the field of table for functional location will be changed from the original label to system generated string.

(ex: "K1-B01-001" -> "0000A000182000" )

There is a table for the history of alternative labels.

Eun Young

Edited by: Eun Young Won on May 25, 2008 11:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alternative labeling is the only option if you want to change the name of funtion location

you have to activate this option from IMG settings.

when you will turn on this indicator the feild length of funcation location code will be extended to 40 char which is 30 char before activiting alternative labeling.

hope u got the answer