Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional Area Realignment

kshama4
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have recently made changes to GL a/c assignment to the Functional area. While running reports, GL a/cs do not appear under the newly created Functional Area. eg: Education allowance - Original Functional Area - Research & Development. New assignment to Functional Area People Cost. However, the system still shows it under the R&D Functional area instead of People Cost.

With reference to Help Docs, I even tried passing journal entries in the current period but that did not work. Kindly assist how can I get the desired changes in Functional Reporting? In the worst possible case can I create and assign new COA to the company code and make the desired changes in the Functional Area?

Regards,

Kshama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

caroline_lost
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kashama,

The changes of the Functional Area assignment to G/L accounts are only valid from the day these changes were made. The system will not automatically reassign all postings according to these changes. So, every posting created before you made the changes will still display the old assignment set up.

If, after the change, newly generated postings are still not deriving the required Functional Area there might be a cost accounting object restriction active: In the Edit Functional Area Determination activity check if there is a value maintained in the Restrict To column for the respective G/L Account -Functional Area combination.

Also, please have a look at the Edit Functional Area Determination ByDesign help document.

Should the Functional Area determination still not be explainable please, as Manasa suggested, send us an incident so we can check all assignments and changes made.

Kind regards, Caroline

kshama4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Caroline,

Thank you for your reply. I went through the help document. I will also check for the Cost Accounting Object Restriction as suggested by you.

Regards,

Kshama

manasa_a
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

hi Kshama,

I hope tou have checked on related questions and in case if you are still facing issue, we request you to raise an incident as this needs to be checked in detail.

Regards

Manasa

kshama4
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply.