cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward Contract Rate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a scenario where the USD rate is fixed with a customer for a specific period and/or target sales volume.

For ex - USD @ 33.44 for 3 months or USD 15M

Therefore, every transaction from now on for this customer should use a 'Forward Contract Rate' of 33.44 for 3 months / Sales volume of USD 15M (whichever case is first)

How to implement this ?

Cheers,

Gautam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would need to apply a formatted search to the Document's exchange rate field. You would likely need four user-defined fields on the Business Partner master data which hold the forward rate, the volume (i.e. 15M), start and end effective dates. Your FMS query would need to get the sum total of all sales for the effective date range and apply logic to determine the correct rate to use (i.e. the forward rate or the standard exchange rate stored in Business One).

-Frank Sposato

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

Neat solution indeed ! Wont call it 100% effective , but at least requires the least development effort for a situation where we need quick turnaround !

Just what we need at the moment.

Thank You.

Cheers,

Gautam,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gautam,

Since exchange rate setting only applies to the whole company on daily basis in B1, I think you have to maintain this customer's rate manually unless you allow all others with the same rate.

Thanks,

Gordon