cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form settings transfer to multiple users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know that this question has been asked before in the forum. But I could not find any definite answer to it.

Can the form and other UDF settings be transferred to multiple users automatically? Or do I need to manually make those settings for each user login. If it can be done, then how to do it?

Thanks!

Ash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

There used to be a SAP note on how to do this using SQL scripts. However, I believe the note has been withdrawn. CopyExpress is the approved method for copying data but it's not capable of copying user settings from one user to another within the same database.

It can be achieved through the SDK so you could write an addon to do this (...or maybe someone has already released an addon that has this functionality).

Kind Regards,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gents,

I have still this SAP note and my computer and I have rewritten the query to be a bit more controlled. However, I do not guarantee that this query will work and remember that SAP does not support direct SQL on a database so be extremely careful about this.

<b>Definition of the query</b>

DELETE FROM [CPRF_EVO]

INSERT INTO [CPRF_EVO]([FormID], [ItemID], [ColID], [Width], [VisInForm], [VisualIndx], [EditInForm], [VisInExpnd], [ExpandIndx], [EditInEXP], [Folded], [UserSign], [ExtDisable], [ExtInvsbl])

SELECT * FROM [CPRF] WHERE UserSign=1

DELETE FROM CPRF WHERE UserSign=2

UPDATE CPRF_EVO SET UserSign=2 WHERE UserSign=1

INSERT INTO [CPRF]([FormID], [ItemID], [ColID], [Width], [VisInForm], [VisualIndx], [EditInForm], [VisInExpnd], [ExpandIndx], [EditInEXP], [Folded], [UserSign], [ExtDisable], [ExtInvsbl])

SELECT * FROM [CPRF_EVO] WHERE UserSign=2

<b>Remarks</b>

This query will read the column settings for user 1 (usually the user manager) and will copy them to user 2. When you perform this, ensure user 2 is not connected to SAP.

If you need to copy the configuration of user 1 to all users, you can add a loop in the query or replace 2 by 3 and then 3 by 4 etc.

Regards

<b></b><b></b>

Answers (0)