cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forex Valuation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

while performing forex valuation for a particular company code, the system is automatically picking both the leading and non leading ledgers and posting the entry.

is there a way by which we can restrict it to only one of the ledgers.

kindly let me how to go about the same.

Regards

Arvind Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the configuration in the following IMG nodes.

Financial Accounting (New) -> General Ledger Accounting (New) -> Periodic Processing -> Valuate -> Assign Valuation Areas and Accounting Principles

Financial Accounting (New) -> General Ledger Accounting (New) -> Periodic Processing -> Valuate -> Check Assignment of Accounting Principle to Ledger Group

Lets say in step 1 above, the valuation area you are using in FAGL_FC_VAL (say 01) is assigned to accounting principle, say, GAAP. In step 2, the accounting principle (GAAP) is assigned to a ledger group (say 0LZ1) that has both leading and non-leading ledgers in it; and that is the reson why both are picked up.

If you want postings to happen in one ledger only, then create a new ledger group that has only the required ledger and assign that ledger group to the accounting principle assigned to your valuation area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply..the suggestion was very helpful..

current ledger group has both leading and non - leading ledger mentioned. what would be the implication if i remove the non leading ledger from the current ledger group. i did a test run and the forex valuation was done correctly. But i am not sure if this would impact anything else.

Regards

Arvind Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do not change the current ledger group but create/use a ledger group that contains only the ledger you need and assign this ledger group to the accounting principle (as described by Srikanth earlier).

Impact: ZERO as the prior used ledger group is not changed so even if other applications use this ledger group they are not affected from your new ledger group.

Best regards, Christian

Answers (0)