Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For a PR, check the material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a basic question.

I have a requirement to check the material master to determine the existence of the material master after a PR is created. Can we create a PR without a material.

What are the methods of creating PR apart from manual creation

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If material master doesn't exist, how can you enter the material number in PR? System will give error message if the corrosponding material master doesn't exist.

Alternatively, You can enter material description & material group & other entries in the PR.

Regards,

Prashant Kolhatkar

former_member637182
Active Participant
0 Kudos

> Hi,

>

> I have a basic question.

> I have a requirement to check the material master to

> determine the existence of the material master after

> a PR is created. Can we create a PR without a

> material.

> What are the methods of creating PR apart from manual

> creation

>

> Thanks.

Hi,

Here u can Extend the material master after creating PR,and u can create PR with Out Material master,but this is possible only with Consumable materials and services.

Thanks & Regards

suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

But Iam confused about the requirement of checking if a material master exists for the material entered in PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you enter a material master number in the PR it will check to see if that exists for the Plant.

The normal method is for the user to use the search functions to llok for existing materials and ONLY if they cannot find one should they enter the descrition instead.

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can definitely create a PR without material master. Also you can define some PR types where the material master is a mandatory field. Following are the types of PRs other than Manually Generated PR -

NB - MRP Generated PR.

Sale Order Generated PR

Project Generated PR

Regards,

Prashant Kolhatkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can create a P req without referenc to a material (but not for a stock procurement). But you cannot then convert that to a PO and specify the material number, this would not link the P req to the PO.

PRs can be created automatically via MRP, Plant Maintenance, Sales orders and (I think Projects)

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The methods of creating PR apart from manual creation:

1. Custom Program using BDC/BAPI

2. With LSMW Tool (Direct Input, Batch Input, BAPI, IDOC)

3. ALE (Application Link Enabling)

<b>You would need to implement a proper BAdi/Enhancement to check if the material exists and raise an error message if it does not.</b>

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create PR without material master.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, but iam confused with the requirement of checking if a valid material master exists for the material entered in PR