Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Follow-up action in UD

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI expert,

In our business sometime we take couple of days/ week to complete RR & UD. Sometime we require to send material to our warehouse which is at different location with diff plant code before we complete final UD. So in this case we post stock from QI to UNR and send stock to warehouse. Recent ally we had situation we moved stock to warehouse and batch got failed at plant location during inspection and we were late in communication to inform warehouse. So avoid this kind of situation we are thinking to implement FM using follow-up action. So when we do final UD at plant, follow-up action change stock type accordingly at warehouse.

I believe this kind of requirement are possible using development, but need your help to identify correct development spot and FM. Reply appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE in follow-up function of UD.

I strongly recommend you add checking logic before movement.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you considered using the batch restriction functionality?

The batch is created with batch restricted status by default.  You post the material to UR stock as restricted.  Restricted stock is usually set up to allow shipment via an STO to warehouses or distribution centers.  But it can't be picked against a customer order.

Once the UD is made, the batch status is changed from restricted to unrestricted.  Batch level should be at material or client level.

FF

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is that mean even batch is in "restriction status" we can transfer one plant to another plant, b'se in our case distribution center treat as separate plant code?

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

One more thing to add; We are not doing inspection at DC location, but we keeps stock in QI  until UD done at origin plant. So we want to move stock at DC from QI as per UD code at origin plant. I hope this helps to understand my req.

Can you suggest something?

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any input?

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Eric,

I would have transferred QI stock from Original plant to QI of Storage location in another plant (Warehouse) by using QAC2.

So that you can record results and post stocks in Warehouse only.

Make sure, you have activated same inspection type in Both plants.

Regards,

Amol Manave

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for not getting back sooner.  Yes.. you can transfer stock from plant to plant with a restricted batch status.  And it doesn't matter if you split the batch and send half the batch to one DC and half the batch to another DC.

When the UD is made in the original manufacturing plant and the UD changes the batch status from restricted to unrestricted, than the batch is changed in the DC's. But you must be at the material or client level of batch, (023 class).  Doesn't work the same if you are at plant level, (022 class).

FF