cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM for Reversing the Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any SAP Function Module for reversing the document for FB08?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FM 'CALL_FB08' is used for FI document reversal.

Svetlin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Svetlin,

Thanks for the reply.

Once the document has been reversed, it can't be again reversed right? Can you give me an idea how to do this?

If I perform a reverse for a reversal document then i should get the error : Document has already been reversed.Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Svetlin,

I just want to make sure that in the FM CALL_FB08 what should the values be for I_UPDATE and I_XSIMU?

For Simulation any value for I_XSIMU?

Fo Update: A or S?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't pass a value to I_UPDATE and I_XSIMU. I suppose that the FM uses the default values. I'm sorry but I haven't a system right now to check it.

Svetlin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you please let me know the value for Simulation.

I am having a problem here.

For Incorrect data :

1)when i set the I_XSIMU value to X, then I get the output as" Document can be Reversed"

2)when i leave the I_XSIMU value to empty and

I_UPDATE to X then I get the error which i want.

My question is why I am not getting the same error for Simulation?

Can anyone please let me know ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I_UPDATE can take the following values:

'A' (asynchronous update)

'S' (synchronous update)

'L' (local update)

If you do not specify the I_UPDATE, the default update mode 'A' is used.

Use the default update.

Svetlin

P.S. Please assign reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Svetlin,

My problem is that when I_XSIMU is 'X' and I_UPDATE is any value (A, S, L) , I am getting

different error message for bad data.

Ex:

1)when I_UPDATE is A and I_XSIMU = 'X' , then I get the message as: Document is not purely

a clearing document

2)when I_UPDATE is A and I_XSIMU = ' ', then i get the message as : Document was already

reversed.

Two differenet messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried BAPI_ACC_GL_POSTING_REV_POST? There are some others as well, but I've not used any of them.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the information. Do you know which table gets updated after reversing a document? Is it BKPF?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think every table that was updated for the original document will be updated by the reversing document. It will change the header of the document in BKPF and create new entries in BKPF and BSEG for the new document (an entirely new document). I'm not sure about BSET and BSET. BSAS, BSIS, etc. are also updated.

Once a document is reversed you cannot unreverse it. Both the original document and reversal are marked as reversed. You would have to re-post the original document.

Rob

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

try Transaction FBRA

Andreas