cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing of Production Orders Dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are utilizing strategy group 82, where production orders are created directly

at the event sales order creation. Any changes to the delivery dates of the sales order

is effecting production order dates.

Would like to prevent automatic update of basic production order dates, if

sales orders delivery dates are changed (or) when Read PP master data is executed (unless manually

production order dates are changed by a production scheduler)

We tried the following setting in OPU3 "3 Do not adjust basic dates,dept. reqts to order start" for

the given order type but to no avail

Any suggestions

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never tried either of these, but to prevent basic date changes during VA02, try:

1. Locking the production order (CO02 > Functions > Restrict Processing > Lock) You might be able to automate this with a User status change in COHV. Unlock before shipping.

2. Try removing 'change' authorization for pp04 production orders for everyone except planners.

Let me know, I have always wondered if these would work.

For re-reading master data, I think you are at the mercy of your settings. PP04's will automatically schedule during change, or else 82 doesn't work right. I would have thought that the scheduling setting you have made should work to prevent basic date changes, as long as you allow start dates in the past, but I have never tried this in 82. It is really a contradictory business process to re-read master data, but not expect the order to re-schedule, why else would you re-read the data?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB49,

Thanks for your inputs & valuable time.

Let me try the mentioned & provide with a update shorty

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ DB49:

Wouldn't the very purpose of using 82 be defeated, if we fix the production order dates??

@ aprasada722:

May I know the business reason for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

He only wants to fix the dates during change. The assumption is that during create, one would still get a valid ATP date.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek:

Based on the brief discussion which I had with the client, this is what I understood

The client is into manufacturing of Thermal Reactors, due to other dependencies their client might request (it is found to be

quite common) to postpone the deliveries. But in the mean time, since the production has begun, they do not want the production dates to get effected by the change in the sales order

Yes, its true at the sales order creation, it should have a valid ATP check, but any change to the sales order delivery date or selection of read PP master data, should not effect production order dates (except when manually changed by a production controller)

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Please goto OPU3-Define Scheduling Parameters and check these option work :

1.Un-check the Automatic Scheduling option .

2.Mark the option called "Production Dates " .So Production can only change schedule start and finish date .Basic Date will be grade out.

3.You can also set Technically Complete on temporarily or Close or LKD (CO02-Function -Restrict Processing -TECO/Close ) to prevent any more changes in sales order delivery date .

4.If you do not want any more changes , then you should put User exit at CO02 level l :

Regards

JH

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ aprasada722:

I would reserve my comments as I am not aware of the reasons why your client is working with 82. But basing my response purely on the info which is provided, stg. grp. 82 appears to be a wrong choice. If changes are the norm & feedback between sales n productions is not a 2 way process, then I fail to see a benefit in using it.

@ Others:

Yes LKD or TECO can be set, but then the order needs to be active for processing as per the need specified, so wouldn't that defeat the purpose (Those statuses needs to be looked at both from CO & Logis aspects)?? Also scheduling is a built-in feature so how would OPU3 help?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek:

I agree with what you mentioned, they went live with SAP few months ago, its looks they want to control

the system rather than utilize the data from SAP to help to improve their business process.Down the line,

they might want to change that process

Thanks for all for sharing one's knowledge & time. Special thanks to Jiaul Haque as his point 2, seems to

work for the client

As a update:

Settings Maintained in OPU3

1. Check on production dates (under scheduling control)

2. Adjust basic dates, adjust dep. reqmts to operation dates (under Adjust scheduling)

3. Unchecked Automatic Scheduling

So, when the sales order is created, the system proposes to scheduled finish date (which we are defaulting

it to delivery date of the schedule line in the sales order), where upon it determines the schedule start

date (from routing mins) & corresponding basic start & finish date is turn determined by material

master settings (inhouse prod time/GR processing & schedule margin key)

Changing Delivery Dates at line Item Level in the Sales Order:

Once the sales order is created, even if we change delivery date at line item level in the sales order, it is

not effecting the basic order dates in the production order.

Read PP Master Data in the production order:Read PP master data is effecting the Basic Dates in the production orders (as they are effecting scheduled dates of the production order)

Running some test scenarios to test the full functionality of the configuration change. Once completed, I

will update accordingly

Edited by: aprasada722 on Feb 17, 2011 6:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure of the below:

Changing Delivery Dates at line Item Level in the Sales Order:
Once the sales order is created, even if we change delivery date at line item level in the sales order, it is 
not effecting the basic order dates in the production order.

Any change in the sales order dates will be reflected in the basic dates, whether it is greyed out with the selection of production dates in OPU3 or not. As mentioned in my previous posting, the ATO has a built-in scheduling which is set to change the dates & hence I once again stress the fact, review the strategy group.

Anyways good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I did a simple test run in IDES system. It works. I would not consider a good practice to use. But client thinks it suits for their requirements

Once again, thank you all

Closing the thread with due points assigned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun Kumar,

I have a similar issue and I was wondering how you default the scheduled finish date to the delivery date of the schedule line in the sales order.

Is this standard functionality? In my case the basic finish date is filled in based upon delivery date of the schedule line, but the scheduled finish date remains empty --> always need to fill it in manually....

Thansk for feedback!

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If other suggestions won't work, you could try with a user status on the production order, for example ZREL that is set automatically when releasing, and would prevent from the production order from being changed from that point on.