cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Assets special depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a newbie using Fixed Assets, so my question is: I want to have special depreciation for some of the assets: 50% of the value of aquisition to be depreciated in the first year divided each month and the other 50% to be depreciated in the remaning useful life according to straight line from the value still remaning to be depreciated. Do I have to configure that?

Also, I have to import some assets that have already been depreciated from a legacy system. The issue is that they have been reevaluated in the past and I need to also put in the system their old asset value. Where do I place that? How about when I want in the future to reevaluate a fixed asset, how is the new price going to be reflected, how is the depreciation going to be modified?

Thank you,

Irina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Special depreciation (SD) definition : The system automatically creates this derived depreciation area that you can use in case of a special depreciation. If a special depreciation is calculated, the derived area will enable you to monitor the values for ordinary depreciation without special depreciation. This area is only used for information purposes; no asset postings are carried out in general ledger.

Try to simulate this setting in your testing database so that you can have conclusion about SD :

Concession period (CP) : 4

Max percentage (MP) : 25

Normal Depreciation (ND): SL25

Alternative depreciation (AD) : SL5

Then set the level until 4 according to CP in the years with %age i.e. 1 - 5, 1 - 5, 1 - 5, 1 - 5.

Depreciation type pool is C1 and C2.

By using special depreciation, you could compare the result to manual calculation to your problem.

Let me know if you need more detail

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

For first question, You may use Multi-level Method. for example asset life is 5 Years.

In Tab Calculation you can set :

BASE -- YEARS -- PERCENTAGE

APC -- 1 -- 50%

APC -- 4 -- 12.5%

For other question, please post new msg.

HTH,

Yun Pho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yun,

For me it could not be a problem as I have only 4 items with special depreciation and I would have to create only 4 multi-level types and assign the assets to them. But what if I would have more assets that need to be depreciated like this (their usefull life is different from one to another).

Can I set a general depreciation type for all of them considering the rule is the same (in the post above)? What is special depreciation for?

Thank you,

Irina