cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Asset migration - Merger between Companies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am working for a company which recently acquired another company which has a different ERP system and want to merge their assets into our present company code.

I read that a possibility to upload the assets is to create assets manually and then use ABSO T-code with transaction type 148 to upload the balances.

I am doing some testings but I am having problems with the depreciation that is calculated after the migration.

All the assets that I have to create are capitalized in the current fiscal year.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

search. this has been asked many times before.

locked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try the following two configuration steps. I am presumed the acquistion is taking place either on month starting date / year starting date.

step :- 1 Carry the depreciation run for all assets of your company till the last month and close the depreciation postings through the following configuration step.

SPRO -> Financial Accounting -> Asset Accounting -> Asset Data Transfer -> Parameters for Data Transfer -> Data Specifications -> Specify Last Period Posted in Prv.System

step:-2 Specify the date of the take over (acquistion date) for new assets

SPRO -> Financial Accounting -> Asset Accounting -> Asset Data Transfer -> Parameters for Data Transfer -> Data Specifications -> Specify the transfer date (date of transfer)

Regards

Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and I did not found a solution. In the case that it is capitalized this fiscal year a change the date to the last day off last fiscal year. In the next fiscal year you can change it back.

The depreciation calculation is based the on the depreciation start date