Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiscal Year Variant -4-4-5 for US client - Fixed Asset Error - FYV

Premkumar_Venka
Explorer
0 Kudos

forum-custom-fiscal-year-variant-445-fixed-assets.xmlHi Peers,

I am working on a implementing project for a client in USA. They follow 4-4-5 fiscal year variant and asked us to impement the same in SAP.

We are implementing SAP S4Hana Public cloud for them. We faced some issues initally in FYV for 4-4-5 and finally could configure Custom FYV 'SZ' and Finance postings are happending.

Whereas, In Fixed Assets we are using only 01 - Booking depreciation only and we are facing errors when creating Fixed asset.

Error : SYST: You cannot determine the period for rule SZ to 20220429. But we maintained SZ / SA as read in SAP notes but couldn't succeed.

Detials of configurations in the FYV are attached in the document.

Any kind of support/help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Premkumar.V

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days.

You can unaccept it anytime if you have further questions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Mark_W
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Premkumar.V

Please review the help guide on the configuration.

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/SAAP/SAP_Activate/S4H_587%20Fiscal%20Year%20Variant%20Implementa...

2640035 - Guidance for deviating shifted Fiscal Year Variant in SAP S/4 HANA Cloud - lean solution for additional alternative Fiscal Year Variants

From the screen shots of the attachment it seems the error is thrown when creating the asset, I would suggest that you review the default depreciation keys that that are assigned for the asset class you are using, then review the period control rules that are associated with the keys involved and ensure that they are configured within the fiscal year variants SA/SZ and then test again.

Kind regards
Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Premkumar_Venka
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried to maintain period control value for SZ and SA for 2022. Also as told, maintained the period control for (Fixed Assets). First maintained '17' period control (SZ,SA) and did testing of purchasing asset. I can able to create asset master. Where couldn't post Asset transactions.

System is giving the following error message. Later changed to maintain period control of (SZ, SZ) using period control '01' and value date. Still system is showing same error.

Any support on this is well appreciated.

Thanks

Premkumar.V

Batista
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

just 1 cent.

what I can see more immediately is that in the period control maintenance the field Value Date Per is 0. With this, the system cannot determine the period. Please update the Value date per with period and test again.

For the remaining, I assume you'll still need to maintain more period controls (I just see 01), but believe you are just in test phase. Also maybe review the calendar month/day, seems month 3 is missing.

Thanks

garyding
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The related Early Adopter Care (EAC) program may be an option for you. The customers who require Alternative Fiscal Year Variants (AFYV) already now while accepting its initial restrictions, such as in the area of CLM. Customers interested in this program can register for the Alternative Fiscal Year Variants - SAP S/4HANA Cloud Feature Toggle here: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#campaign/2910.