cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first execute planning run SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I encountered this error for one of my materials. What's strange is that this only happens for one plant despite my MPS/MRP background job being set to run for all my plants.

What could cause this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Found the problem. Number range has been depleted thus MRP cannot produce new planned orders. Solution was to reset planned order number range

Thanks to all who contributed!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If conversion is still not possible after you have carried out multi-level planning, investigate the following:

• Was the order network planned successfully, or did the program terminate during planning? Check the termination MRP lists.
  • Check whether the material master for the directly manufactured assemblies is maintained correctly.The MRP type should be set so that that material is planned (that means it should not be set to 'ND'). Dependent requirements should be relevant for planning.
  • Is there is a fixed planned order for an assembly in the order network for which the order quantitydiffers from the quantity of the initiating secondary requirement? If so, deselect the flag for fixing the planned order, or adjust the quantity and then carry out planning again.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh

Conversion proceeds as expected. What I don't understand is there would be an error like that. Is there a problem with my background job? I have checked the job and it looks fine

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Do you have collective order?

• Was the collective order planned successfully or did terminations occur during the planning? You must check the termination MRP lists.
  • You must also check whether the material master for the directly manufactured assemblies is maintained correctly. The MRP type should be set in such a way that the material is planned (therefore, it should not be set to 'ND'). Dependent requirements should be relevant to materials planning.
  • Is there a fixed planned order for an assembly in the collective order whose order quantity deviates from the quantity of the pegged dependent requirement? If this is the case, remove the indicator for the fixing type of the planned order or adjust the quantity and plan again after that.

Kindly check above points also refer OSS note 388373 and come back.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar