Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Referring to:

scn.sap.com/thread/1493730

MPS types:

M0 = fixing type 0

M1 = fixing type 1...

"0 - Procurement proposals are not firmed automatically. No firming takes place with this firming type.

1-Procurement proposals within the planning time fence are firmed automatically as soon as their date is at least one day before the end date of the planning time fence. The date of new procurement proposals created in the planning time fence is moved to the end date of the planning time fence. As a result, these new procurement proposals are not firmed."

Can someone explain to me the "firming" issue?

If I run MPS say, once a week, and I want the next MPS run to generate planned orders considering the new situation, what kind pf MPS should I choose?

Thanks.

Limor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below screen shots....firming is decided by the fixing type as provided in the below screen shot...go through the screen shots for the different fixing type behaviors.... and also you need to consider planning time fence for this...whatever may be the MPS you choose system will create the new procurement proposals only thing is pattern of fixing of them and creation of new ones will change... you need to use M1 or M2.....

Thanks

Kumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Limor,

Refer to SAP help document on firming here.

Which firming type is suitable for your business is purely driven by business case and requirement.

The question is when you use MRP (or MPS) type with firming. You will use MRP type with firming when you don't want the system to make changes to planning result in planning time fence. Typically in this period planner wants to have a control and do not want system to make change to the plan. Again planning time fence is defined at material\plant level, so based on your lead time for a material you can adjust this.

Planner will manually adjust plan in planning time fence.

Also note that planning time fence is not relevant if you are not using MRP type that supports firming.

Regards,

Himanshu

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Limor

The fiming works together with the planning time fence.

Planned order within the time fence defined on the material master will not be changed by MRP, even if the requirement that originated this planned order is changed.

It is usefull when you have a fixed plan for a period that cannot should not be changed by MRP.

You wrote the following:

If I run MPS say, once a week, and I want the next MPS run to generate planned orders considering the new situation, what kind pf MPS should I choose?

In this case, I don't think that the time fence is useful for you and you should use MRP type M0.

BR

Caetano

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Limor,

Please use M1 or M2.

Regards,

Krishnendu.