cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire an event when loosing focus on "dateFrom" EditText

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

im trying to fire an event when im "going out" dateFrom (EditText). I used the following code which is not working. Have You and different way to do it ??

im main goal is to format the text in the EditText to the propriet one when the user will focus on other element.

If pVal.EventType = BoEventTypes.et_LOST_FOCUS Then

If pVal.ItemUID = "dateFrom" Then

oAppObj.MessageBox("", 1, "OK")

End If

End If

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SBO throws lots of events that can reduce application performance. To avoid that, you can filter exactly which events you want to catch and for which forms. Look documentation of "Event Filters" on UI API documentation.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jose, I will take a look hope this will help

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ad, i will try wath you suggest hope will work.

ref. the the list focus event i did not understud what Jose said : "Maybe you are filtering events so Lost focus doesn´t fire." what kind of filtring ?? ( case statements ?) i used the case statments and an undependent "IF" part in oAppObj_ItemEvent Sub, it did not works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you are filtering events so Lost focus doesn´t fire.

About the date problem I think it´s a format problem. Try inserting the same value you do trough client application.

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

if you bind your field to a "date" userdatasource formatting will be done by SBO.

Regards

Ad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adele

when im "going out" nothing happend. Im using this event in my oAppObj_ItemEvent Sub,maybe here is my mistake ?? but i dont think so !!

One more think:

Im trying to work on the Employee Info and when i update some fields ( exp. startDate = 09/09/06 - dd/mm/yy) im getting an error ( the starting date is befor the birth date =21/01/70 dd-mm-yy) !!! is it a 2K year problem ??

All this it looks so strange ... im using B1 2004A and VB.Net

Former Member
0 Kudos

because it dosnt work )) ... i forget to say this sorry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

That is correct. Why do you want to change it? You can also (for readability of code) change it to case statements instead.

Hope it helps,

Adele