cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filling up of communication infotype 0105

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have replicated the HR organization structure along with all the employees. But as the infotype 0105 (communication data), sub type 0001 was not maintained in the source system, it had been copied in the target system.

I do have a table USREFUS in the target system which has the relevant data. What is the best way to maintain this infotype 0105 in the target system? Are there any BAPIs to do this job or what should I use?

All your suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Sid.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried BAPI_EMPLCOMM_CREATE?

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried using this FM, but it always says that the personnel number is not yet assigned. Though the personnel number is assigned.

To analyze this a bit more, tried using a related FM BAPI_EMPLCOMM_GETDETAIL, and even after giving the valid values, it says " there wasnt any value maintained during this period"

The value that I am passing are:

Employee number: 00000766 (a valid personnel id)

Subtype: 0001

Validity Begin: 01/08/2008

Validity end: 12/31/9999

Record number: 000

Communication ID: SIDHU

Can you guide me more on how to approach this FM.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Sid

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that you have Infotype 1,2 & 3 is maintained before you maintain the 0105.

Raja T

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has been maintained and I am able to manually add the communicationb Infotype (0105) data.

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the personnel no exist. most likely the error u got must be Employee/applicant is not locked yet, which means you need to lock the employee by calling BAPI_EMPLOYEE_ENQUEUE. call this bapi and lock the employee b4 u call BAPI_EMPLCOMM_CREATE. then pass all the values.

once you maintain the data for IT0105, When u call BAPI_EMPLCOMM_GETDETAILEDLIST, with right dates of employee record u will see the data in return table.

EMPLOYEENUMBER

SUBTYPE

TIMEINTERVALLOW 01.01.1800 if its difficult to give right dates, choose these dates

TIMEINTERVALHIGH 31.12.9999

but if you want to create IT0105 for large no of employee i wld suggest you to go for LSMW. its faster and easier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hruser,

The error message that I am getting is " 001Personnel number not yet assigned" though the personnel number is assigned.

But can you tell me what is the best method in LSMW that I can apply for maintaining the infotype 0105 - sub type 0001.

Can you give me more details on this.

Thank you in advance,

Sidhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

LSMW is LEGACY SYSTEM MIGRATION WORKBENCH. use Tcode:LSMW you will go this workbench.

what this tool essentially does is, it allows you to manupulate any record and it does a recording of it. then uses that recording to to update any number of records.

ex: you can create a recording of creating IT0105, SUBTYPE 1. once you create that recording u can use it to creaate any number of employee IT0105 records.

many Step-by-Step Guide for using LSMW exist if you search in google..i include 1 link [here |www.scmexpertonline.com/downloads/SCM_LSMW_StepsOnWeb.doc]

create a recording by going thru that doc, or take help of your Abaper. its relatively a easy and short method.

secondly, 001Personnel number not yet assigned what this error message means is, which ever personnel number you entered in import parameter of the BAPI, there is no employee in the system with that personnel number. meaning that personnel no doesnt exist and is not hired.

choose a personnel number which is present in your system for whom a record exists.

Answers (0)