cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field status in GL and Cost element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Created Gl for Sales Deduction and sales expenses and sales revenue accounts.

COPA is activated. COPA getes data from SD thru condition type, THen why do we have to crrate cost element for Revenue accounts with category type 11?

1)Is it necessary to create to flow the data to Cost center and Profit center. ( Cost center and Profit center also een activated).

2) Whenver Cost element is there for GL account , is it necessary to create Field status in GL to capture Cost objects ?

Thanks , Chitras

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

> Created Gl for Sales Deduction and sales expenses and

> sales revenue accounts.

> COPA is activated. COPA getes data from SD thru

> condition type, THen why do we have to crrate cost

> element for Revenue accounts with category type 11?

> <b>Without cost elements value will not flow into COPA. In otherwords if you want to hot COPA you need to create PL items as cost elements else it will reside only FI.</b>> 1)Is it necessary to create to flow the data to Cost

> center and Profit center. ( Cost center and Profit

> center also een activated). <b>You cannot post directly to profit center. It is derived through Controlling / cost objects when you create the PL items as cost elements. There are certain PL items which you would not created as cost elements for which profit center will be derived through 3KEH. BS items also derives through 3KEH.</b>> 2) Whenver Cost element is there for GL account , is

> it necessary to create Field status in GL to capture

> Cost objects ?

> <b>Yes</b>> Thanks , Chitras

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnaks . You mean to say for ALL P&L acccounts we MUST create Cost elements if we have Cost Center , profit center and COPA.

Repeat for clarification:

Then Revenue with Category 11,

Sales deduction with 12 ( Sone people suggest 01 which is correct)

If sales deduction as 01 what will be the impact?

Is it necessary to have Cost element even for Extraordinary P&L like Interest Income , Misc Income and expense?

Thanks, Chitras

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Thnaks . You mean to say for ALL P&L acccounts we

> MUST create Cost elements if we have Cost Center ,

> profit center and COPA. Yes. Otherwise cost will not flow to these modules. This is a pre requisite.

> epeat for clarification:

> Then Revenue with Category 11,

> Sales deduction with 12 ( Sone people suggest 01

> which is correct) <b>Yes this is for value to flow to into COPA. If you are not configuring COPA it really does not matter.</b>> sales deduction as 01 what will be the impact?

>

> Is it necessary to have Cost element even for

> Extraordinary P&L like Interest Income , Misc Income

> and expense?

> <b>It all depends. Generally these posting will not impact cost center. However you would like to see these postings to go to your PCA. So in that case do not create this as cost element. Assign these GL accounts in 3KEH to hit PCA. It all depends how you would like to design your CO module. There is no hard and fast rule.</b> > Thanks, Chitras

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though we activate COPA and the data flow to COPA thru value fields from SD condition type. If so I acn avoid opening Primary cost element and avoid the cost object issues.

I feel COPA flow does not look for Cost element if it has to go from SD.

Next thing is PCA need not be thru CO as in ECC 5 or 6 PCA is part of GL .

Appreciate yr comments on this .

Thanks, Chitras

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

> Though we activate COPA and the data flow to COPA

> thru value fields from SD condition type. If so I acn

> avoid opening Primary cost element and avoid the cost

> object issues.

> I feel COPA flow does not look for Cost element if it

> has to go from SD.

> <b>YES So long it is not a cost element you can avoid posting to COPA</b>

> Next thing is PCA need not be thru CO as in ECC 5 or

> 6 PCA is part of GL .

> <b>YES. But still the assignement is taking place through controlling objects. I need to do some research on this.</b>

> Appreciate yr comments on this .

>

> Thanks, Chitras

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I intend not to create the Cost elements for the SD condition types .For those accounts I can avoid posting in Cost elements. Catch is the Cost center report may not give the picture.

I can catch those PCA for GL accounts ( asigning the GL and Profit center)

The minius point of this approach is I am missing the cost center transactions.

If Budget checking at cost cneter level then I can avoid the cost center for these accounts. Only COPA will serve the transaction details of Sales discount etc by product /Customer etc.,

Thanks, Chitras

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u tell me what is the intention behind not posting to a cost center?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the sales deduction expenses can be captured in COPA ,Cant I not skip Cost center for sales expenses.

Do you anticiapate any issue if I omit to capture under Cost center.

Thanks, Chitras.