cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field selection for material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Gurus,

i was making a material type and i gave material specific field ref as 0001, industry specific field ref as ROH and transaction specific field reference as MM01.

when i check the"maintain field selection for data screen" in IMG setting. it is showing me that MRP controller, Mrp type etc fields are optional (for all these field ref) but when i am trying to create that material of this type it is showing me all these fields as required,

can you tell me what is my mistake, is there any other field referene base

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you enter an MRP type of ND (no planning) then you can leave these fields blank. If you enter anything other than an ND then these fields are mandatory and cannot be switched to optional because the MRP functionality would not work if these fields were left blank.

Did you use ND MRP type?

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just to add to Steve statement yes if other than ND is maintained you have to maintain MRP Controller & LOT size, because these three fields goes hand in hand & depends upon each other for calculation.

Regards

Rang

Former Member
0 Kudos

thankyou very much gurus i was not using ND type

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maggi

it seems you are viewing the results for a wrong field sel. group in tcode OMS9.

first as you are looking for MRP controller field select the relevant field sel. group(in this case 111, it is available at top of the screen).then select your your relevent field ref(ROH) and make the field as optional.

Hope this will work.if still ny issues revert with the error.

Regards

Yogesh