cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI document from Dist. Cycle KSV5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts;

According to similar previous threads that usually the reason behind not posting FI documents is that the Real-Time integration is not active or No account determination for old G/L.

However, I have activated the Real-Time integration in order to post FI documents.

So why could be the reason behind NOT posting FI documents when I execute the KSV5.

N.B.: No error messages or warnings pop-up and it gives Doc. Number.

Thanks in advance;

Kind regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207505
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear customer,

Please check the configuration for Variant for real time integration.  the
check will be for fields checked.  Since none of those fields have
changed there is no FI posting made.  If you want an FI posting for
every CO posting made please check the Update All CO Lis option in
customizing.

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide
  Financial Accounting (New)
    Financial Accounting Global Settings (New)
      Ledgers
        Real-Time Integration of Controlling with Financial Accounting
          Define Variants for Real-Time Integration

Thanks and best regards,

Ronghua Fan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronghua;

a variant is already defined as mentioned above that I activated the Real-Time integration including defining a variant and assign it to company code.

But the step which I did not do is the Account Determination, and when I open such screen to create account determination it gives a warning message telling that ((Real-Time integration with Financial Accounting is active))

So I am confused now, I do not know whether I need to create Acc. Determination too or not? And if yes, what type of account to put in the Account Determination, the P&L accounts only or all of Accounts?

Kindly advice and thank you very much for help;

Kind regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Please confirm that "Cross-Cost Center" is checked in the real time integration variant if you are expecting an FI entry for a distribution affecting two CCs withing same company code. You do not need an account determination for distribution as this would use the same primary cost element (GL) to post the FI entry.

Regards,

RCSabat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pavan_kumar18
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For distributions there will be no accounting document will be generated.

The main reason behind this is there is no external postings.

We are simply transferring costs from one to other cost centers.

Documents will be generated with in controlling module.

You can find the documents in T code: KSB5 Actual cost documents.

Business Transaction for distribution is: RKIV.

You can decide the separate number ranges for business transactions to have track & Identification.

One interesting thing is FI period should be in Open mode for executing distribution cycles.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Arvapally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan;

thank you for help and support.

But according to my limited info in the CO, as far I know that the Distribution KSV5 creates FI documents and what is not creating and doing what you have said is the Assessment Cycle KSU1.

And, in case it does not create FI documents. How can we transfer or distribute an amount posted a CO object (let's say cost center) to another CO objects like cost centers, WBS or any else CO object?

with a Financial Impact ???

Regards;

And again thanks for help and support;

Ahmad Mahmud;

pavan_kumar18
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The main difference between Assessment & Distribution Cycles:

It is very clear that In both the cases there will be no FI document will be generated.Only controlling document.

Assessment cycles - It uses a mediator ( secondary cost element) for transferring the costs from one to other cost center.

Distribution Cycles- It will reduce the amount in primary cost element itself while transferring the cost from one to other cost center.

Distribution will give direct FI impact as it is not using any mediator for transferring the cost.

Hope you understood.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Arvapally