Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI CA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can any body explain me following topics in FI CA

1. Where does the pricing & billing occur in FI CA? Is it done in SD and then routed to FI-CA for FI postings?

What is the overall process?

2. Can an FI-CA invoice hold the history of payments as a billing document? I.e can we see all the partials payments and adjustments against an FI-CA invoice?

3. How are disputes and collections carried in FI-CA?

Thanks,

Sivaram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Where does the pricing & billing occur in FI CA? Is it done in SD and then routed to FI-CA for FI postings?

Billing & Invoicing occur in Billing part of ISU.

It is done is Billing part of ISU...coz of Integration parallel doc is posted in FICA...finally all FICA documents are transferred to FI-GL @ conslidated level.

2. Can an FI-CA invoice hold the history of payments as a billing document? I.e can we see all the partials payments and adjustments against an FI-CA invoice?

No..if you want to see the history...you can view them in account balance <FPL9>

3. How are disputes and collections carried in FI-CA?

via FSCM

4.What is the overall process?

Meter Read> Meter order> Billing> Invoicing> Dunning--> Payments <if returned, then there would be Returns> too.

I hope this helps..For all FICA related queries, you put them in IS-Utilities forum of SDN.

Hope this helps..Any points would be useful

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajendra,

Thank you for your response.

I have some more questions based on your response.

1. If I understood your response correctly, you mean to say that for every billing document in IS-U -> there exists a corresponding FI CA document -> and then consolidated and mapped to FI-GL. Hope this consolidation/grouping is based on reconciliation key? Also I hope customer receives the billing docu from IS-U and not from FI-CA?

So when a reconciliation key is closed against further FI-CA postings and only payment postings are allowed, do you record the payment at the level of FI-CA document or FI-GL document?

So is FI-CA just an intermediator between Billing (ISU) and FI-GL which helps in grouping and posting?

In that case, is it a good decision to interface my current legacy system after pricing to FI-CA directly if in case ISU cannot handle the pricing structure in my current legacy system?

2. As in FICO, I hope FI CA also creates seperate documents for partial payments. So in this case, does this account balance trans FPL9 report all the partials and adjustments against the original receivable.

3. Can we re-send billing documents to customer from FI-CA?

4. In this overall process;

is Meter reading, meter order, billing are done in ISU?

and invoicing - payments done in FI-CA?

Also I am looking at FI-CA solution not for an ISU but for our industry where SAP felt it would suit the case. Anyhow I will post any further discussions in ISU forum.

Thanks,

Sivaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its urgent: can anyone send material of full configuration step of contract accounts payables and receivables please. if possible some real time issues on contract accounts aswel.

removed by moderator