Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature - return value

Aru
Participant

Dear all

I want to know in which place return value type is attached for a feature

eg : Feature NUMKR - return value is OM number range will be attached for each specific country grouping or employee group etc (based on the config ) , here i could find a filtering fields like (EG, country grouping ) in the structure under attributes , my question where the return value type is specified a OM number range .

Regards

Arumugam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Well its program level decision that where u ant to put the return value and how u want to use. U just define the return type in the feartue.

suppose u r returing personnel area from feature so it will just a 4 char identifier for feature. In the program when u will call the feature and fetch the value that time u will assign that 4 char to ur personnel area.

Regards,

Praveen

Aru
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all ur replay

praveen , you are very near to my question , as your answer means

In the Tranaction PE03 , for a feature i can maintain any return value for a decision operation , but i need to map that return value in the program where i am implementing the feature , right ?

eg : return value for a feature i can maintain as 0001 , 0002 , 0003 etc , in the implementation program only i will be telling to the system that 0001,0002,0003 field type = PSA .

can you please a giva a light on how to implement a feature in a stanard SAP Program .

Regards

Arumugam

Former Member
0 Kudos

true, thats y feature is called as defining default value based on ur passing parameter.

There is std function module HR_FEATURE_BACKTABLE if u r using return type as table (defind in the structure of the feature).

Or u can use subroutine PERFORM RE549D USING 'feature' '3' return field EPF_SUBRC_BACK(SY_SUBRC).

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Click on the feature NUMKR and go to create you will get a pop up with several option select "fields for decision operation" radio button select which ever field is required based on scenario say WERKS personnel area. again click on create and select the "return value" radio buttom and enter the number range ID for personnel number. say 01. Check and activate the feature.

Hope this helps.get back if you are not clear with this.

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpashree.M.R

former_member47879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NUMKR is used for the Personnel Number range not for the OM number range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please elobrate more,,,,