cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FB50 Balancing field "Profit Center" in line item 001 not filled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to post a GL document using an expense account and a bank account. On posting I get the above error message: "Balancing field "Profit Center" in line item 001 not filled".

1. I do not have a CO area for the Co. Code

2. The Profit Center in the FSG and FSV is set to "Optional Entry"

Why is the system not letting me post?

What can I do to relieve this situation?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ved

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Normally, if the field is set to "Optional" it should allow the posting. But check the other cost objects in the FSG, may be one of them is still set as 'required' entry. The error text is sometimes indicatory only. In worst scenario, supress all cost objects in FSG.

Reg

*Please Assign points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

Thanks for the quick reply. I looked at the FSG within Additional Account Assignment. All except the following at set to "Suppress": Cost Center, Commitment Item, Business Area and Partner Business area, Profit Center. The above named fields are set to "Opt Entry".

Is there anything else I need to look at. Please note that my Co area is not active.

Regards,

Ved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I think try setting CC and PC as supressed.

Reg

*Assign ponts if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried suppressing the fields and tried to post a document. The error message remains. Is there anything else we can do to circumvent this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Could you double click on the message and paste the extract. I want to see what are the details in the message.

Alternatively, check if you can change the message from to error to warning. For this see Message contol settings in Controlling

Reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the message:

Balancing field "Profit Center" in line item 001 not filled

Message no. GLT2201

Diagnosis

The field Profit Center marked as balancing is not filled with any value in line item 001, even after document splitting.

System response

The document cannot be posted.

Procedure

First check your entries.

Additional causes could be:

o No value can be derived for this field from the current document data.

o You have entered a document type that is not designed for this business purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you be kind enough to provide directions to message control for the Cash Journal...appreciate your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are using ECC5 or ECC6. In comfiguration you have set document splitting characteristics profit center as zero balancing filed and document cud not derive the profit center. If you are posting direct transaction in FI, you have to enter the profit center values in the document entry. Profit center is moved to FI from CO.

let me know if any problems

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I hope in your company code Document splitting is activated.Whether the document splitting actvation is necessary or not and also go to the following path in IMG in this profitcenter field ticked as mandatory if document splitting is not necessary remove the document splitting actvation. And also the profitcenter field mandatory field in the following path

Financial Accounting New-General Ledger New-Buiness Transaction-Documentsplitting-Define Document Splitting characteristics for General Ledger Accounting.Please Kindly check whether the Dcoument splitting activation is necessary or not.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat i am facing same problem ..but here ECC 5.0 and Profit centre is mandatory also. in the above path i have the both PRCTR and GSBER fielsd and i selected Mandatory and Zero balancing field check boxes. while posting fb50 with posting keys of Vendor/ customer i am getting same error..

please give me the right path..

Answers (0)