cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FB08 Error Do not assign any objects in cost accounting to account

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of our users was reversing an accrual entry today.  When she tried to do the reversal, she got the warning message "Do not assign any objects in cost accounting to account XXXXXX"  She does this reversal to this very same GL account every month.

No changes have been made in configuration or to the GL account.  She created the journal entries that are being reversed in the same manner she always has.  What would cause this warning to suddenly appear?

I realize I can suppress it, and I may have to do that next month, but I'd very much like to understand what changed in our system to cause this error to appear.

We ran a reversal for a similar entry in our Q system and it worked just fine, no warnings at all.

Thanks much for any insight.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Andrea Zenner,

You might have given some default cost center in cost element (vide KA02 or OKB9) after you have created the document and before reversal.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After talking further with the business, I found out that cost center and profit center should not have been entered on the initial postings.  Because they entered them this time, we got the warning we had never seen before.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we remove the cost centre in the original entry so we can proceed with FB08?

sridevi_p
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check if the FSG in GL master has been changed in PRD system and not in quality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also there have been no changes to the field status group.  The group assigned has cost center as optiona, cost object as supressed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please compare the message status in QAS and PRD using (OBA5).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Could you please share the screenshot about the document you want to reverse?

Please display CO object of line item also (cost center, profit center, internal order)

Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is a screen shot of some of the entries.  There are 264 entries on the document.   The ones that are generating the warning are for account 215052.

uygur_burak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Andrea,

Please check the G/L account in KA03. Is this G/L account has a cost element?

Would you please share the account type of this G/L account? Is it B/S acct or P&L acct?

If it is B/S account, does it have cost element with type 90 in KA03?

Best regards,

Burak

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no cost element for this account.  It is a P&L account