cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FB01 not Generating Auto Inter-Comp entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day

We've setup the Inter-company clearing accounts, but when my client uses FB01, the intercompany entries are not done. But when we use F-02, the entries for the intercompany clearing accounts are correct.

Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening for F-02 and not for FB01?

How can we fix this?

Thank you

Louise

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

balajiradhika
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

check whether you are giving correct posting keys in fb01. It should match the settings that you have given in cross company code configuration.

regards,

Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika

Yes, I am using the same posting keys, 40 and 50 for the G/L accounts.

balajiradhika
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the editing options\document display, check whether the Display cross code transaction check box is ticked or not

Regards,

Radhika.

Edited by: Balaji Radhika on Mar 25, 2010 2:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it is selected. It's not displaying the intercompany clearing account and if I post, it's also not doing the postings with FB01 only with F-02.

balajiradhika
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you provide me the error message it is giving. Or explain me clearly what you are not able to do.

Regards,

Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to transfer amount between two customers in different company code.

We are using split G/L.

I enter the following:

PK Cust/GL acc CompC

01 AAA 1

50 Clearing G/L 1

11 BBB 2

40 Clearing G/L 2

What I expect to see is:

PK Cust/GL CompD

01 AAA 1

50 Clearing G/L 1

50 InterComp G/L 1 (should be automatically created by intercompany setup)

11 BBB 2

40 Clearling G/L 2

40 InterComp G/L 2 (should be automatically created by intercompany setup)

I tested again this morning, now F-02 is also not creating the automatic entry to the intercompany clearing account. I do not know why it's not doing it.

Regards

Louise

balajiradhika
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Posting key 01 is for customer invoice

Posting key 11 is for credit memo

You are doing two different transactions. I think it should not be. Check with your posting.

I think its not clear.

Cross company code transactions are unique transactions, which are handled a little differently by SAP FICO. A Cross Company Code transaction involves two or more company codes in a single transaction in SAP R3 FICO. This means that a cross company code transaction posts to accounts in two company codes.

The way SAP FICO works is that it posts a accounting document in each company code rather than one single posting document. This is beacuse in SAP FICO, one accounting document is always assigned to one company code. A question naturally comes to mind as to how do the debits and credits match i.e. how do accounts balance. To balance accounts, SAP FICO automatically generates line item entries which are posted to a clearing account. Such clearing accounts are normally payables or receivable accounts within company codes. SAP FICO tags cross company code transactions with a common cross company code transaction number for reference. Some examples of cross company code transactions are:

1. Goods are sold by one company code to the another company code.

2. Goods are purchased by one company code from the other company code.

3. One company code makes a payment on behalf of another company code.

Check with the below links

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90f33e12-aeac-2a10-2186-ed8301f77...

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPFI/Cross-CompanyCodeTransactions

Regards,

Radhika.

Edited by: Balaji Radhika on Mar 26, 2010 9:57 AM