cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAGLB03 DR/CR Balances don't reflect Line Item Activity

goody-1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a client who enters an FB60 for AP Accruals and then reverses the invoice with an FB08. I'm not sure why they are doing it this way and I will discuss it with them but what is happening is the items that are reversed are not showing up in the Debit, Credit or period balance columns. It's always been my understanding that even when you cancel a document the Dr/Cr can be seen in the total Debit/Credit. Any ideas on why these canceled invoices are not showing up on the FAGLB03 Balance Display screen?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manoj_vm_desai
Participant

If FB60 is posted on last date of a month and reversed on 1st of subsequent month, the amounts will show as credit and debit on FAGLB03 in respective periods.

Check settings for 'negative postings permitted' on reversal reason and document type. Also verify reversal posting date.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

goody-1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can close this question. I finally found that when you have "Allow Negative Posting" it posts the reversal documents as Negative posting. What this means is that when you reverse a document instead of the debit in the orignal document showing up as a credit in the reversal, it actually shows up as a negative in the debit column so you won't see the credit in FAGLB03. The same for Credits in the original document shows up as a negative Credit in the reversal document. Even though the Posting Keys make them look like normal debits and credits.

goody-1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This was happening before the change and after the change.

Just by coincidence they had two invoices amounting to the same amounts in the previous month so the AB documents are for reversals of a document entered on 03/31/2019. I double clicked on the debit column and I see these four documents that balance to zero. When I double click on the Credit column it states there are no items. When I double click on the Period Balance column I see the same details that are under the Debit column. Why are the Credits not showing up in the Credit column of the FAGLB03. Instead they are netting against the Debit postings in the Debit column.

goody-1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I beileve you are correct about the "negative postings permitted". I check doc type AB and that was not selected. I now need to verify the company code allows negative postings and once those two are in sync it should fix the problem. Thanks for your help.

manoj_vm_desai
Participant
0 Kudos

You are welcome Dan! Glad it worked.