cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory calendar issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I assigned a different calendar for my semi finished product, But while scheduling my planned order it is always considering my factory calendar.

Am i missing something?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you maintain your required calendar in the capacity header of work centers used in the SFG routing, automatically the system will schedule based upon that calendar only. This calendar will overwrite the calendar defined at plant level. Check the OPU5 settings also.

Check and revert back.

Regards,

Krishna Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

That is done already, but m not getting the schedule as per the calendar in my work center.  Is there any other settings for calendar in MRP?

Regards,

Hari

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I replicated the same scenario as yours and in my case the system is considering the factory calendar assigned in the work center (as far as i know this is the std SAP behavior). Check the following.

1. Assign the required factory calendar to the capacity header of the work center.
  2. Assign these work centers to routing of the required material.
  3. Double click on the work center in the routing and check the capacity header from there (Some times the work center changes may not be copied to the routing).
  4. Check the OPU5 settings for the correct plant and order type combination - Selection ID, Tick the scheduling and generate capacity requirements.
  5. Run the MRP with Scheduling as 2 (Lead Time Scheduling and Capacity Planning)
  6. Open the generated planned order and check the routing assigned (Master data) to it and the order type (it should be the same for which you have maintained the settings in OPU5)

Check all these and revert back with the observations.

Regards,

Krishna Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I'm not getting correct results. I think this might be problem because of my adjust scheduling settings.

Hope this is a standard SAP behaviour even after doing the workday setting in work center capacity tab.

Regards

Hari

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

What is your requirement?

Have you assigned same factory calendar to plant and work center?

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar

I need a different calendar for semi finished goods and plant settings. That is what i've done already.But the system is taking only factory calendar for planned orders generated by MRP for that semi finished product.

I need to schedule the planned order with the calendar which is assigned to the work center of the SFG

Regards,

Hari

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

For MRP it will take calendar assigned to your plant. So it will be same for FG and SFG as it comes under one plant. For scheduling you can use work center calendar.

If you could elaborate your requirement would be better to provide you a good work around solution.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For SFG planning, my in house production time is 10 days which should not consider week ends or holidays for scheduling the order.

E.g if prod start date is today 9.1.2013 my prod end date should be 18.1.2013

in which 12.1.2013 is a sunday

I created two calendars one with holiday(i.e factory calendar) and another without holiday which i've assigned the second one in the work center of SFG.

But system is proposing a end date as 20.1.2013 by calculating two sundays in between.Y?

Regards,

Hari

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are confusing now. You are following basic scheduling or lead time scheduling. Go through my interpretation on scheduling mentioned below.

1. Basic scheduling: The system will consider the in-house production time and schedule the planned order. In house production time includes only the working days as per the calendar assigned to the plant. In your case you have given 10 days as in-house production days, so the system will consider these 10 as working days and schedule as per that including the holidays.
  2. Lead time scheduling: The system will consider the operation timings maintained in the task list, taking into account the calendar assigned to the work center (if not assigned it will take the plant level calendar).

Mention the type of scheduling you are following and hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Krishna Chandra

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Go to your SFG work center and define the setting consider only work days in capacity interval 

1Working days (overrides factory calendar)

and FG work center use

0Non-working days (overrides factory calendar)

And defined factory calender with holidays assign it to plant in OX10 and check results.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

It is lead time scheduling and my scheduling parameter setting for planned order is  don't adjust basic dates to operation date.

Regards,

Hari

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain the OPU5 parameters as shown below, rerun the cycle and revert back.

Regards,

Krishna Chandra