cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Processing for Lot Charges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have an issue that I would like your thoughts on. My client sends material to an external processor during the production process. The charge for these services is not per piece, but by the Lot. Doesn't matter whether the production order is for 10 or 10,000 pieces, it is the same charge for the Lot. My Purchasing Info Record (Standard w/o a Material) is for a Lot, however when the PR is generated, it is for the Production Quantity say 10,000 Lots which makes the PO way out of line.

I have a manual work around by changing the Production Order External Operation Routing Unit equal to the Production Order Quantity and the Operation Unit remains as 1. This works ok, although my QM functionality is broken since it is 1 Lot to be inspected instead of the 10,000 pieces.

We also have the same problem except with weight. When the Lot goes over a certain weight, the charges are to be by the weight instead of for the Lot. I don't have a solution for this one.

Help!

Craig

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

It should be possible through Purchasing Info record. You have the option of maintaining min and max lot qty. You can say for lot size upto 100000, the price is same.

Pls let me know whether it solves your problem.

WR,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give details like production UoM, SKU and one example.

Regards

soundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

An example is that 10,000 each of a Product are sent out for Heat Treatment via the PP external process for the service. An Info Record has been created for the cost of the Service with a Lot charge and is up to date in the Routing. Doesn't matter whether the Production Order was for 10 or the 10,000, it is the same Lot charge. The PO therefore has no Material, just the Service.

I can manually change the each Production Order to accomplish this, but that is not the idea, the customer is a bit surprised that their 15 yr old software solution handles this with no problem and that SAP can't handle this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I think this can be achieved by maintaining two production versions. 1 production version for qty relevant and another for weight relevant.

Example: Prod. version 0001

Opn 0010 External Processing

Purch Info Record : 12345 (meant for qty relevant)

Example: Prod. version 0002

Opn 0010 External Processing

Purch Info Record : 23456 (meant for weight relevant)

You have to selece the respective production version before releasing the production/process order.

Regarding the price, It should be possible by maintaining 2 diff purchasing condition types.

Please let me know whether it helps or I will try to find out anyother possibility.

WR,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for the input, however the problem is as much about the quantity as anything. The production order is for a quantity of 10,000 each, however the operation (0010, PP02) should be for 1 Lot.

We are able to get the Info Record to work (at least for the Lot charge), but the PR is for 10,000 Lots and this is a big problem.

I do believe that your proposed solution may be useful in handling the Lot for Weight issue, Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear craig

I understand that you are facing the problem in pricing.

Create a pricing condition with calculation type as fixed amount(normaly it will be quantity). (discuss with your MM consultant)

Create info record with this condition type and conditions with scales, say up to qty 1000 - amount is 500. so that value for the requisition raised from production order will be 500 up to qty 1000 when you convert to purchase order. The purchase order will be for 1000 nos as the receipts and QM.

By this procedure we are going to have a fixed amount for a specifed qty. there is no change in PR and PO creation.

Regards

Soundararajan.M