cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External operation in routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In routing if I maintain controlkey with external operation, I have to enter the info record details.

(I have to create info record without ref to material, the pur req/Pur ord created will be account assigned).

When ever I create an order the system will generate pur req for external opeation with ref to info record and it wil be always send to the vendor which i have maintained in info record.

My requirement is, I have 5 vendors who can do the same processing with different cost and lead time. I need to select the vendors.

Please let me know how to achieve this.

I cant go for Quota arrangement,since material number is not involved.

I dont want to create different routing with different info record details.

Regards

S.Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can think of 2 options on the fly:

1. Create Production Versions & assign the different routings

2. Create an alternate routing for that operation & you can branch back to the next operation.

Hope the above helps.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U can maintain only one Routing in that routing u can define different operations in those operations u maintain the operation that u want to produce external and maintain different inforecords for tht perticular operation ...according to the vendors ..

hope it helps

Regards

ramanujam

former_member199502
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In Your Scenario what i feel is you can create one routing in which u can mainatin vendor info record which is commonly used.Create a production order,but before releasing it,u can change purchase info record by making the customised setting as below.

Go to OPL8,for particular order type and plant combination,maintain order type dependent parameters in which in planning tab -purchase requistion -try to put 2 or 1 and test (1-never it will not create,2 -purchase requistions will be created after release,3-Immidiately when order is created)

Hope it will solve ur problem

Edited by: Girish Adaviswamy on Mar 20, 2009 7:18 AM