cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Generally how we deal with the exports? whether we create one more distribution channel for exports or whether we create a separate sales organisation to deal with exports?

2. When I am going through a project I had found that they are using the different order types( all copied from OR) to deal with industrial orders,standard orders, Samples? What are the advantages one will have if they use differnt order types for industrial orders& normal orders?

Siva. s

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is recommended to have a distribition Channel as 'Export' to handle all export sales.

Differnt order Types help in following manner:

1. To identify different type of sales

2. If different Pricing Procedure required, it can be handled by maintaining different 'Document Pricing Procedure'.

3. May be in case of returns,you want an reference document as mandatory, this can be configured in Sales Document type.

4. Which will be follow-on delivery document & billing document, is configured in sales document type.

5. What incompletion Procedure the sales document will work on is maintained in sales document type.

& so on ...............................

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi siva

There is no hard rule for creating any new organisation units. These setups have to be considered based on business requirements.

For example, your implementation client or your company requires separate PL, BS, reports etc you need to create different org units to achieve your requirements.

Secondly you have to consider the practical implementing limitation of the process, legal perspective of the exporting country, internal & external influencing factors of the policies factors etc ………….also.

It’s also applicable for any scenarios ( including export business)

For your second question,

You can not have with the same order type to run your whole business process . for example sample order i don’t want to create billing , for cash sale i wanted to create automatic delivery, for free charge item i don’t want to charge to sold to party etc. Further i want to take more reports for the specific scenario with different requirement etc.

This also purely depends on customer’s requirements.

SAP provides wider scopes of solutions where you can achieve better solutions for your whole business requirements subject to logically accepted process in worldwide.

Hope this will help you some extent

regards

Srikrishna K

Former Member
0 Kudos

2) i forgot to tell you mainly for pricing purpose they use different order types...

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) you can have separate distribution channel for Exports..

2) if you have different order types for industries you can control, store, and retrieve the data .. and also reporting purpose and analysis also help ful..

Reward if helps you..

Ramki