cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to Excel - Amounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I export reports with amounts (e.g. Customers Receivable Aging) to excel (with currency symbol), the amounts appear as "1234.77 SGD". I had to write a few formulae in the excel file to separate out the amount value (1234.77) and currency (SGD) as well as to convert the negative values shown within brackets (into -ve sign). However, this process is quite cumbersome. Is there any way by which the amount value and currency can be shown separately when exported to excel or is there any easier workaround?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

how do you export them? did SBO NOT ask you "Do you want to export currency symbols?" say "No" to the message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indika,

I think Satish wants the currency symbols in a different column. He wants to split the export amount to two columns - Currency and Amount

Adele

AlexGrebennikov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suppose the best solution is to wtite Excel macros, which will devide amount into two columns. The delimeter here is a space-simbol, so i can't see here any troubles.

you can also re-code AutoOpen.XLS modules..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your responses.

Yes, as Adele indicated, I am looking for spiltting the exported amount into "Amount Value" and "Currency" since my customer wants currency also.

Apart from splitting the amount, it will also involve converting brackets into negative sign for negative values.

As Alexey suggested, I can consider writing macro; however, I was trying to look for if any simpler solution is possible which I can provide to the customer.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are talking about your own queries you can select the currency as a column. for SBO reports you can do nothing inside SBO to encounter this issue. Macros are the only way