cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export from SBO into DTW Templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good all,

I have a Company DB which needs alot of changes to be done on both Master Data and some on Transactional Data.

How do I get the Objects from the Company DB into the SBO DTW Templates/.csv so that I can do the necessary editing on the .csv file and then import it back and Update the Objects.

Can this be done?

Thanks guys.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noor,

I don't think there's an automatic way of doing this. You are going to have to export each of these objects manually to their individual xls/csv files. You can possibly try to do something clever where you loop through all the columns and get the property of the object that matches the column name of the column you are populating.

Hope it helps,

Adele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adele,

This is Really Dumb of SAP!!! The Object's Item Name Value is different from the Table Field's Name Value. Here's an example...Items Object. The Value of the Object Item's Name ("APTaxCode") is DIFFERENT from Value of the Table Field's Name ("TaxCodeAP") and "BarCode" = "CodeBars"??? What the ???? If the common Naming/Value would have caused data clashes, Use Underscore(_) or Character "o" as the first character to differentiate the two.

OhHhh and the DTW Template's Columns are sorted in alphabeticle order and the Table is'nt, so the DTW Template has it in the beginning and the position in the Table is at the end!!! "Cut and Paste Mission" SOMEONE THROW ME A BONE!!!

I've resorted to Using the Excell's Import External Data > New Database Query to extract and populate the DTW Template and this feature has the ability to sort the Tables and Fields within them in ALPHABETICLE ORDER! Got me excited until I realised...The Object Property Names are NOT the same as the Table Field Names!!! MOST OF THEM!!!

ps: I tried Using the Copy Express and it would'nt work on my machine, infact none of my Add-Ons are, by some "Stroke of Bad Luck" they seem to be "Toyi-Toying" on my machine...("On Strike") and I'm on a deadline...

If SAP says 30days for implementation from unstructured "Raw" legacy Data...i think thats 30days X 25hr days = 750 hrs. And I'm extracting from SAP Database!!! Suppose to be a walk in the park.

I think the only "AUTOMATED" "Fast-track" option is if I design an SDK DI API App to do the clever looping of Objects, as you (Adele) suggested, and getting this data to populate into the correct columns in the DTW Templates by finding the "Exact" match of the column name.

hmmm....

Thanks for suggestion Adele. If anyone out there has a quick way of populating the DTW Template with Objects from the SAP DB, I would GREATLY Appreciate it....

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noor,

The other thing you can do to maybe make your life easier is to add an additional row to the templates with the name of the actual object property. Then you'll be able to match it. I know this is some manual work, but I really can't think of anything else right now.

Hope it helps,

Adele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adele,

Thanks for the help. It's really appreciated. The Big Issue is that "Where to find the values of the Actual Object Property".

I've come to the conclusion that the only way this can be accomplished effeciently is if there is some kind of documetation done showing the reference between "Object Property Name" and "Table Field Name". Im sure this can be done using SDK by Looping through each Business Object then Printing the two values Side-by-Side. (Object Property - Field Name)

I have managed to get the Add-Ons Running eventually on my machine and I have settled on using the Copy Express. I think its the best option I have for now.

Thanks again.

Answers (0)